• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

J Stew

SCP

I'm saying it is irrelevant in the discussion if Cam scrambles or has a called run.....

Like last year there are only X amount of rush attempts that will go to RB's. For the hypothetical discussion we are using last years average attempts by non QBs.

That is 23 per game. The question is how would you ideally split them given the hypothetical. Your DWill love and wanting to paint me as a hater won't even let you attempt to have the discussion. So if you don't want to discuss it we won't...

Do you think Williams should get about 11-12 carries in that hypothetical? 5-8? 5 or less? 12+? What do you want to see.

I'll answer your question even though your projecting us to have the same offense as before, not factoring in that Shula might switch it up or speed the pace up this year.

If there's 23 to split you split them 9/14 depending on the team........vs a team like the cards stew should get the majority but vs a team like the saints d will should get the bulk,add those touches with the occasional 3 to 4 screen plays and that's enough touches for any rb to get it going

Again this is if there's 23 attempts which I think won't be the case this year,49ers game last year is a good example of how to split the carries

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I'll answer your question even though your projecting us to have the same offense as before, not factoring in that Shula might switch it up or speed the pace up this year.

If there's 23 to split you split them 9/14 depending on the team........vs a team like the cards stew should get the majority but vs a team like the saints d will should get the bulk,add those touches with the occasional 3 to 4 screen plays and that's enough touches for any rb to get it going

Again this is if there's 23 attempts which I think won't be the case this year,49ers game last year is a good example of how to split the carries

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

You think Shula is going to run a new offense with a different philosophy? Something bad would have to happen for that to occur.

What about Tolbert? He was consider by most our best RB last year?

You think Shula is going to run a new offense with a different philosophy? Something bad would have to happen for that to occur.

What about Tolbert? He was consider by most our best RB last year?

there's no change in philosophy, we are considered to have a better team offensively then last year by most, we very well may speed up the pace which would allow guys to get more chances to shine, changes will be made just because the simple fact we have different personal....there so many little things that factor into the reason we average 30 rush attempts a day that won't be the same case this year, our guards are healthy is one example

wow please let me know the fool who though tolbert was the better running back............other then you obviously......getting a bit ridiculous

there's no change in philosophy, we are considered to have a better team offensively then last year by most, we very well may speed up the pace which would allow guys to get more chances to shine, changes will be made just because the simple fact we have different personal....there so many little things that factor into the reason we average 30 rush attempts a day that won't be the same case this year, our guards are healthy is one example

wow please let me know the fool who though tolbert was the better running back............other then you obviously......getting a bit ridiculous

A large percentage of this board viewed Tolbert as the best overall RB last season. Go pull old threads and get names. There are countless threads bashing Shula for not giving Tolbert more reps.

Simply put...Tolbert fits what we try to do on O. Ball control.

Tolbert was a Pro Bowler last year.....it wasn't for lead blocking. It was his overall ability.

A large percentage of this board viewed Tolbert as the best overall RB last season. Go pull old threads and get names. There are countless threads bashing Shula for not giving Tolbert more reps.

Simply put...Tolbert fits what we try to do on O. Ball control.

Tolbert was a Pro Bowler last year.....it wasn't for lead blocking. It was his overall ability.

i'm not pulling up names you prove you point and find those ppl because that's foolish to say such, yes he did need more carries but better then d will no, tolbert was a probowler cause he's one of the few fb's who can do more then block, kuhn and reece are the others there isn't a slew of competition at fb in the entire league

i'm not pulling up names you prove you point and find those ppl because that's foolish to say such, yes he did need more carries but better then d will no, tolbert was a probowler cause he's one of the few fb's who can do more then block, kuhn and reece are the others there isn't a slew of competition at fb in the entire league

you do realize in a ball control pounding O scheme....better RBs in a vacuum aren't actually always better once in that scheme?

Moving the chains and consistent tough yards > boom or bust running in our scheme

Week 1 - Tampa Bay. You can only pick to have for the game against that stout front. Williams or Tolbert. Pick one.

Archived