• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Day Transfer Madness

Ja  Rhule

Multiple Colombian journalists report that Falcao is heading to Manchester United for £50m.

Arsenal bid £14m for striker Carlos Bacca (any good?)

Both Manchester United and Arsenal considering bidding £24m for William Carvalho.

The way this is going... Manchester United will spend close to £250m and will have pretty much brand new team just in 2014.

Man UTD have just signed Falcao on loan. Great signing, but note it's only a loan. FFP taking a grip? Edit: rumours it'll be £20 million for ONE season. Wow.

Shame Falcao can't help you defend...

£6 million with a view to a £40 million permanent deal at the end of the loan.

Man Utd will never be hit with FFP, with their current revenue they would need to spend something like £400 million every summer for it to even be an issue, even then they would probably be able to work their way round it.

Man UTD's formation for their next game at this current time:

post-15526-140957495424_thumb.jpg

Meanwhile Javier Hernandes has surprisingly gone to Real Madrid on loan. I can immediately see where he'll fit in:

post-15526-140957496266_thumb.jpg

And finally Defoe rumoured to be talking to Arsenal...oooooh!

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

post-15526-140957495424_thumb.jpg

post-15526-140957496266_thumb.jpg

£6 million with a view to a £40 million permanent deal at the end of the loan.

Man Utd will never be hit with FFP, with their current revenue they would need to spend something like £400 million every summer for it to even be an issue, even then they would probably be able to work their way round it.

So if their revenue is so amazing why are they £600m in debt?

Man UTD's formation for their next game at this current time:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1409574953.846353.jpg

Meanwhile Javier Hernandes has surprisingly gone to Real Madrid on loan. I can immediately see where he'll fit in:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1409574962.261588.jpg

And finally Defoe rumoured to be talking to Arsenal...oooooh!

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

From Sky News

Jermain Defoe has been linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium, but our reporter Geraint Hughes claims Arsenal are not interested in the former Tottenham striker

So if their revenue is so amazing why are they £600m in debt?

£300 million and its because its healthy for a business to have debt. Pay it back slowly and risk somebody else money.

I take it you missed the extra £1 billion in revenue Man Utd will generate over the next 6 years due to new sponsorship deals. 

Man Utd are in a league of there own in the Premiership in terms of spending power because of FFP. Barca and Real are the only two that can compete with Man Utd in terms of revenue. Bayern to a lesser extent.

£300 million and its because its healthy for a business to have debt. Pay it back slowly and risk somebody else money.

I take it you missed the extra £1 billion in revenue Man Utd will generate over the next 6 years due to new sponsorship deals.

Man Utd are in a league of there own in the Premiership in terms of spending power because of FFP. Barca and Real are the only two that can compete with Man Utd in terms of revenue. Bayern to a lesser extent.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/20/glazers-thrive-manchester-united-flounder-ed-woodward

The Glazers have loaded up Man U with over £500m of debt since they took over. Their total debt figure exceeds £700m now. That's over $1billion. That debt is NOT healthy in any way. Even Man U supporters are worried about the level of debt. Not to mention most of their sponsorship deals are cut by 30-40% for not making UCL. They bought Di Maria and Falcao. That's like buying fake tits when you need a heart transplant.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/20/glazers-thrive-manchester-united-flounder-ed-woodward

The Glazers have loaded up Man U with over £500m of debt since they took over. Their total debt figure exceeds £700m now. That's over $1billion. That debt is NOT healthy in any way. Even Man U supporters are worried about the level of debt. Not to mention most of their sponsorship deals are cut by 30-40% for not making UCL. They bought Di Maria and Falcao. That's like buying fake tits when you need a heart transplant.

The article you linked states the debt as £350 million. They have misspent £700 million according to that article (which is a ridiculous statement). 

The Glazers loaded the club with debt but also made it a superpower. In a perfect world the Glazers leave, the debt is cleared and Man Utd spend what they earn (somewhere in the region of £300 milliion per year). The worlds not perfect though so the Glazers will continue to shave the debt and only spend as required.

If Man Utd were concerned with the debt they could use the additional money they will recieve from the new kit deal with Adidas to pay off the debt and still be up a good chunk of change over the last kit deal. That doesn't consider the deal with Chevrolet either.

The debt is healthy (would be better if it was 0 but not going to happen in the short term) for a company with Man Utd's revenue.

The most irritating part of the debt is the interest. The interest is costing the best part of £60 million every year but with the way British tax works, by having the debt they get certain tax breaks as well.

To add to the actual theme of this thread.

Rumours are that Man Utd are still interested in another CM but not sure if by this they mean Blind (LB/LWB that has played DM before) or if it could be a hint at somebody like Vidal (I really hope so - I love Darren Fletcher but he is nowhere near good enough after his illness).

What do the Arsenal fans make of Arsene Wenger off in Italy refereeing a charity match on one of the biggest days of the year for a football manager?

Arsenal signing Welbeck it sounds like. What's worse, Arsenal passing on Falcao for Welbeck, or Real Madrid passing on Falcao for Chicharito? Debatable but I gotta go Arsenal because RM already has a legitimate albeit sometimes brain dead #9.

The article you linked states the debt as £350 million. They have misspent £700 million according to that article (which is a ridiculous statement). 

The Glazers loaded the club with debt but also made it a superpower. In a perfect world the Glazers leave, the debt is cleared and Man Utd spend what they earn (somewhere in the region of £300 milliion per year). The worlds not perfect though so the Glazers will continue to shave the debt and only spend as required.

If Man Utd were concerned with the debt they could use the additional money they will recieve from the new kit deal with Adidas to pay off the debt and still be up a good chunk of change over the last kit deal. That doesn't consider the deal with Chevrolet either.

The debt is healthy (would be better if it was 0 but not going to happen in the short term) for a company with Man Utd's revenue.

The most irritating part of the debt is the interest. The interest is costing the best part of £60 million every year but with the way British tax works, by having the debt they get certain tax breaks as well.

In January of this year their debt was reported between £398m (I think), according to their books, which I'm sure are fairly creative to say the least. It isn't a fabrication that United have spent ridiculous sums of money to trim the debt down by a mere £125m since the Glazers took over. Now they are back to pumping money back into the club in an attempt to restore it to prominence, in lieu of paying down their debt. If they continue to fail to make UCL, it's going to be disastrous for them. £400m of debt becomes a whole lot more.

In 2010, the Glazers were trying to receive £500m in bonds to refinance the original £525m debt. That doesn't exactly scream "healthy debt" to me. I think the fact of the matter is, no one is really entirely certain as to their exact level of debt but them. Either way, they are spending money this summer. They better hope they make UCL.

Archived