• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ay, chill out, a tie is better than a loss.

Rags

I know we're uspet, but a tie is way better than a loss.

Chill out, take some deep breaths, grab a beer, stop calling for heads, read thsi thread.

What we CAN be upset about:

Sticking with Reaves: Fozzy is undoubtedly the better runner, and catcher. He's tough and shifty and just stronger than Reaves. But after hsi TD, he wasn't seen again. We know Reaves is much better in pass protection, but he's jsut not as dependable running  as the Foz.  Foz puleld a quad. Disregard this I suck cocks. 

The drops: I can count 4 (maybe 5) drops by our WRs that hurt us majorly this game. Meanwhile we have two, young WRs in Bersin and Brown that have stepped up when need be. Bersin looks like a sure handed possession WR and Brown has the speed to stretch defenses. That PI was not accident, Hall got beat and he would've had a TD otherwise. We have to get these guys more snaps.

McDermott: The defense has been very Jekyll and Hyde this year, and yes, Hardy beign gone is a huge part of it, but MCDermott's playcalling and adjustments suck. Early on they were killing Godfrey and we did nothing to help him or adjust, and when Sanu stepped up and killed us, we did nothing to double cover him or take him out this game. Also Cason sucks. And Klien.

That challenge: Ron man you 've come so far but stop throwing stop flags my man.

That one kickoff: Seriously? What the fug? Why not just boom it down the field? Jesus fugin' christ. 

Refs: Lol what the fug is a hold

What we CAN'T be mad about: 

Shula: I feel like I should address this first, before, you know that play because Shula called a hell of a game today. He used Cam to the best of his ability and we were in this game so long because of him. Yet I've STILL seen people call for his head this game. Okay.

Going for the Field Goal on 4th and 1 in OT: Yeah, we made two 4th downs before, Yeah we have a 6'5 man at QB. But we cannot go for it here. Go for the points. We miss, we lose. I would've LOVED to go for it on 4th down and was rooting for it, but it was risky, Bengals would've bought everyone and I mean EVERYONE. The tie is more important than possibly losing. I'm sure in his gut Ron was wanting to go for it, but didn't. A tie keeps is in the playoff hunt, a loss puts us behind. 

Gano: Yeah, he missed one he should've made, it happens sometimes, and instead of beating himself up, Gano came back clutch for us. It sucks, yeah but I mean, as we all know, It Could Be Worse At FG, and Mare is actually pretty fuging good.

What we can be HAPPY about: 

Superman Returns: Cam was back. And in full force. He got banged up but he continues to be the toughest SOB in the NFC at QB. This is going to do wonders for our team, especially at GB next week who just get slaughtered to mobile QBs.

DeCoud: Decoud is the best coverage safety we've had in a long time. He's also improved a lot in his tackling since ATL. I'm really happy with this pickup.

The tie: Look, in the end, we were fuging lucky. Nugent missed, we tie. We're still 1st in NFC south, we're still looking at least halfway decent in terms of getting into the playoffs. Just...pleasebinghardyback. 

Chill out guys, the sky's not falling...yet. 

No it isn't. 

THIS GAME WAS ALL ABOUT RESPECT, and they blew it because Rivera is a pussy. 

Panthers got lucky when the guy missed the field goal, but Rivera chose to play it safe and have Cam "check it down" on 3rd & 6 when Cam was shredding the Bengals with his legs and arm on that OT drive.

Sure, Gano missing that field goal in regulation and Cotchery not catching that TD pass were critical, but Rivera playing it safe there when a TD would've won the game (and showed all the doubters that the Panthers are for real) is just inexcusable. 

I haven't been this mad about a game in a long time. Food? Who cares about it? God, I'm furious. 

Panthers got lucky when the guy missed the field goal, but Rivera chose to play it safe and have Cam "check it down" on 3rd & 6 when Cam wa

s shredding the Bengals with his legs and arm on that OT drive.

...Because nothing was open down field?? Rivera didn't make Cam check it down??? Cam did himself thinking KB coud get the yards?? Because everyone else was covered down field???

...Because nothing was open down field?? Rivera didn't make Cam check it down??? Cam did himself thinking KB coud get the yards?? Because everyone else was covered down field???

It's all about the play call. Read option run or pass and they could've gotten 6 yards easily. They had all the momentum on that drive, but the call on 3rd & 6 was a joke. 

It's all about the play call. Read option run or pass and they could've gotten 6 yards easily. They had all the momentum on that drive, but the call on 3rd & 6 was a joke. 

they stopped the read option twice that drive? seriously? did you watch?

what does a tie mean in tie breakers?

what does the tie mean for our division? i really don't know

Actually! I need to get back to you on that one. I know that packers made it last season with a tie so I need to study up on it.

they stopped the read option twice that drive? seriously? did you watch?

Every play gets stopped sometimes. So what? How many big plays did Cam make with his legs on that drive? More than he didn't. Cam running there or using the read option to fake like he would run and then passing it had a higher percentage of getting 6 yards than a standard formation. 

Every play gets stopped sometimes. So what? How many big plays did Cam make with his legs on that drive? More than he didn't. Cam running there or using the read option to fake like he would run and then passing it had a higher percentage of getting 6 yards than a standard formation. 

So your argument is...Cam should't have passed, he should've run, even thogugh they had stopped the Read Option twice that drive? Even though there was a chance h'd fail and it'd still be 4th down? Much like the pass he did?

Uh

What

So your argument is...Cam should't have passed, he should've run, even thogugh they had stopped the Read Option twice that drive? Even though there was a chance h'd fail and it'd still be 4th down? Much like the pass he did?

Uh

What

I'm not going to repeat what I just said about that "stopped twice" non-point. 

Archived