• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets vs. Wizards Preseason Game Thread

Liminy

MKG dunked all over gortat on the fast break

His jumper is still horrible.  He such a liability in set offense.  How does someone play for Kentucky then get drafted very highly and have zero shooting ability.  For all the "energy" he brings I wish we could trade him for someone that can actually put the ball through the hoop.

His jumper is still horrible.  He such a liability in set offense.  How does someone play for Kentucky then get drafted very highly and have zero shooting ability.  For all the "energy" he brings I wish we could trade him for someone that can actually put the ball through the hoop.

You don't give up on a guy with that potential just yet. All indications are he's one of the hardest workers on the team and he just became old enough to legally drink. Give him more time to improve his jump shot and he could be another Kawhi.

Too many people look at where he was picked and heap unrealistic expectations on him. That draft is not exactly lighting the world on fire past pick 1. Aside from Lillard and maybe Drummond you have guys like MKG: Role players with elite skills in a single role but deficient in other areas. Since offense is more glorified in today's NBA, it's easier to say a guy like Beal would have been a better pick even though MKG is a much better defender. Clifford has kept repeating it, but make no mistake, MKG was a big part of that playoff run and without him the Bobcats don't come close.

It's much easier to defend a draft pick like MKG who at least brings a valuable skill after three years and can be a contribution as opposed to Biz who can't get on the floor after four years.

You don't give up on a guy with that potential just yet. All indications are he's one of the hardest workers on the team and he just became old enough to legally drink. Give him more time to improve his jump shot and he could be another Kawhi.

Too many people look at where he was picked and heap unrealistic expectations on him. That draft is not exactly lighting the world on fire past pick 1. Aside from Lillard and maybe Drummond you have guys like MKG: Role players with elite skills in a single role but deficient in other areas. Since offense is more glorified in today's NBA, it's easier to say a guy like Beal would have been a better pick even though MKG is a much better defender. Clifford has kept repeating it, but make no mistake, MKG was a big part of that playoff run and without him the Bobcats don't come close.

It's much easier to defend a draft pick like MKG who at least brings a valuable skill after three years and can be a contribution as opposed to Biz who can't get on the floor after four years.

Jump shots don't work that way. It's years of muscle memory.  Ultimately in game situations it's going to take MKG a long time where he doesn't have to think about his form when he shoots.

I agree that MKG has a great motor and brings some good intangibles, but I'd much prefer him coming off the bench.

Jump shots don't work that way. It's years of muscle memory.  Ultimately in game situations it's going to take MKG a long time where he doesn't have to think about his form when he shoots.

I agree that MKG has a great motor and brings some good intangibles, but I'd much prefer him coming off the bench.

If he's coming off the bench, how is he supposed to build up the muscle memory in game situations like you're suggesting? That hinders his development.

He's not as much of a liability as he's being made out to be. With a team that has this much depth on the wing and the best offensive big-man in the game, we should be able to afford him the time he needs.

If he's coming off the bench, how is he supposed to build up the muscle memory in game situations like you're suggesting? That hinders his development.

Scrimmaging at practice.  A practice scrimmage is a game situation.  That's how.

Listen, I'm an idiot when it comes to a lot of things.  If there is one thing I'm good at, it's shooting a basketball.  That was my role as a player.  To a certain degree a person is either born with a good jump shot and good touch or not.  Very very rarely will a bad shooter ever turn into a good shooter.  There are guys out there that can shoot the rock but lack confidence so they might go through a cold streak.  Marvin Williams was like that before last season. Overall though I've never seen a player become a good shooter when they were bad.  Especially at this stage in the game for MKG.  I know he's still young in his NBA career, but it is way too late to try and fix is form.  It could hurt him worse.

Edit:  He will get good minutes coming off the bench.  It's a matter of utilizing his strengths situationally to cover up for that broke jumper.

Are you kidding me? MKG has made several jumpers this preseason. Including a few pulllup jumpers with defenders in his face. His jumper looks much improved. And he is not hesitating to shoot. He had a bad shot in the first half tonight with the shot clock running down. But made a nice jumper later in the game.

Archived