• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will D-will top 1500 yards in the regular season?

PhillyB

guys on sirius the other day were saying that 1200 should be the mark instead of 1000 since the league has gone to 16 games from 14. I'm happy to see Williams eclipsed that with two games left.

oh. i say he ends up just short of 1500. mainly because I think we beat the giants this week and have nothing to play for against the saints.

:iagree:

...how bout stephen davis' current team record? i believe it's 1441, which would leave 222 yards necessary. two games a little over 100 yards total would beat it... doable, no?

maybe, but i have to say no again. we just need one more good game from our guys.

He needs 150 in each game to go over the 1500 mark; he's averaging 88 yards a game so far. This is amazing considering our run game started out extremely slow this year and finally started picking up steam. So that stat is a little skewed. Could we expect a 2,000 yard year in 09-10???

Or BETTER yet, a 1500 yard performance by BOTH backs?!

He needs 150 in each game to go over the 1500 mark; he's averaging 88 yards a game so far. This is amazing considering our run game started out extremely slow this year and finally started picking up steam. So that stat is a little skewed. Could we expect a 2,000 yard year in 09-10???

Or BETTER yet, a 1500 yard performance by BOTH backs?!

If (when!) we go the superbowl, i could see our backs at 1500 apiece, possibly. it's not likely but it could happen. if both have a big game vs the giants, and we win, stewart will likely get a heavy share of the carries vs. a meaningly saints closer. the saints suck. stewart will have a huge game, at the end of which he'll be pretty darned close to a thousand yards. D-will should have over 1300 by then.

playoffs... if we go all the way, then after a first round bye (assumed from the circumstances mentioned in the last paragraph) then we have three games, including the superbowl, to pound the rock. if Dwill has 1300 by then, and we win all of them, then he's a clinch to go over 1500. Stewart? he'd have to get roughly 175 per game to pull it off, and that's not really going to happen...........

........hmmmmm. i think i just negated my own point. oh well. go panthers :cheers2:

Archived