• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam is shell shocked.

Ruff

Making comparisons to Brees situation just shows how desperate some here are to throw Cam under the bus. Nevermind the fact that Brees is a veteran that has Sean Payton, one of the NFL's best offensive minds calling plays for him, and he actually has an OL with a run game.

Ingram put up 100 yards rushing with 2 TD's. Guess how many Brees put up? 2 yards.

In comparison, we have....

Newton - 43 yards rushing - 1 TD.

Stewart - 46 yards rushing - 0 TD's,

I just don't know why Cam can't win this game by himself guys!

Don't know about shell-shocked.

I have been a Cam defender all along, but I am starting to think think there are basic fundamental qualities you need to play QB that Cam is not grasping in his 4th year in the NFL. I am talking about his footwork and pocket presence. Big Ben, who is a player with similar physical attributes as Cam, got hit a lot up until recently. However, Big Ben has better footwork and is as good as anyone moving around in the pocket. Cam still panics at the 1st sign of pressure and turns into a running back.

Flame away all you want, but we got a QB that is an unbelievable athlete, but average at best as an NFL level passer at this point in his career. Sorry, time to call a spade a spade. My delusion is over after last night. We can still win with Cam's weaknesses, but Shula and Dorsey need to go. If Cam doesn't work on his pocket awareness, it doesn't matter if Mike Martz is calling the plays on offense or he has 10 seconds back there. Cam will bail on the play at the 1st sign of panic, which is a bad habit he needs to shake off. And as long as he doesn't improve his footwork, he will still throw to the 8 foot WRs that are seen only by him or continue to miss on his deep balls.

Big Ben has been in the NFL for a decade lol.

Ben is the perfect comparison for Cam. Ben, like Cam is a playmaker who will take a sack before he throws the ball away (even still today). This will sometimes backfire but you take the bad that comes with the good. Cam has turned countless broken plays into first downs and our lone TD never would've happened had Cam not been a playmaker.

Ben's always had playmakers as well, Le'veon Bell is becoming a very nice back. Ben has WR's with speed and playmaking ability on the outsides with Antonio Brown (Pro Bowler) and Martavias Bryant who's been clocked faster than Watkins at Clemson before. These guys move around when Ben is on the move and actually create separation.

Cam has to fit his passes in the tightest of windows. How you can have a WR group with zero speed and think you're going to move the ball in beyond me.

Big Ben has been in the NFL for a decade lol.

Big Ben went to the AFC championship game his rookie year

He won the Superbowl his second year

Missed playoffs his third year

Wildcard loss his 4th year

Won Superbowl his 5th year

Assuming Cam will get sacked 20 more times this year, through 4 years, Cam has been sacked 135 times. Big Ben has been sacked 146 times through 4 years. Cam was sacked 43 times last year, and our line wasn't that bad.

The whole protection issue is overrated in my opinion. If you have good play-calling on offense, 5 seconds is enough for an NFL QB to make a play. If no one is open then, you extend the plays, you move around the pocket, you step up, you hit your underneath routes and safety valves, you make plays with your feet (which Cam does very well) and you throw the ball away. Cam doesn't even attempt to extend plays from within the pocket. He does not slide around in the pocket. he just stands there and is an easy target.

Archived