• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#1 Problem on the team

I really don't understand the anger over Vonleh. Pretty much everyone outside this message board felt like Vonleh was the steal of the draft. Including MJ.

I've seen some guys hit some great shots on us too. It's not like they are all gimmes. Some of the easy dunks and layups bother me. We have some guys learning still. We lost MKG for a few games and made some offense over defense decisions in our playing time. 

The biggest problem I see with Biyombo is you can't trust him. He has stone hands. Even a simple rebound can be an adventure with him. Maybe they are working with him in practice and will bring him out when Max wears down.

Vonleh is REALLY raw and there is a more than likely chance he never lives up to his draft position. 

McBuckets is already polished and you know exactly what you are gonna get from him. 

Time will tell if the gamble pays off or if it was a flop. 

Vonleh is REALLY raw and there is a more than likely chance he never lives up to his draft position. 

McBuckets is already polished and you know exactly what you are gonna get from him. 

Time will tell if the gamble pays off or if it was a flop. 

Then why did everyone think he was worthy of a top 10 pick? Obviously he has traits that teams value highly. I understand that fans are prisoners of the moment but our fans wanted MKG and Zeller gone and they look pretty good to me. I don't look at Vonleh with a glass half empty, we have some coaches that can teach these young big guys.

I understand your point. McBuckets is a dime every day of the week. Vonleh could be a penny or a quarter. This team needs a quarter in the future. This is a good time to gamble.

Then why did everyone think he was worthy of a top 10 pick? Obviously he has traits that teams value highly. I understand that fans are prisoners of the moment but our fans wanted MKG and Zeller gone and they look pretty good to me. I don't look at Vonleh with a glass half empty, we have some coaches that can teach these young big guys.

I understand your point. McBuckets is a dime every day of the week. Vonleh could be a penny or a quarter. This team needs a quarter in the future. This is a good time to gamble.

He is/was worthy of a top 10 pick on potential alone. But that is beside the fact. Simply better hope your team make the right call ie pick him and he develops or pass on him and he flops. 

Wouldnt be so quick to relegate Mcbuckets to only a dime. The dude is insanely gifted and can become a poor man's Dirk. 

McRoberts was bench fodder before Cho brought him in. Now everyone is acting like we lost a key player. 

He was a key player because he fit perfectly into this system after years of being a journeyman. Since I like using the football analogies, his acquisition became very much like Mike Mitchell joining the Panthers. The fact that he only succeeded here does not diminish his value to the team.

I said during the offseason that I applaud the front office for making moves that, though risky, dramatically increased the team's talent, depth, and ceiling. The downside is that it might take awhile for it to all come together.

I said the fact was the way the Bobcats finished last season was absolute best case for a roster like that. Had we simply re-signed everybody from that team with Hairston and Vonleh joining them, they probably would have gotten off to a much better start, but ultimately would still lack the horses to run with Cleveland or Chicago.

Consider that we just swept two division opponents to start the season that we could not buy a win against literally for entire seasons. Sheer depth and talent can win out in this league.

It's no secret why the teams that went virtually unchanged (Kings, Warriors, Raptors, Grizzlies, etc) are the ones that are off to the hottest starts, but come April will they be able to keep it up when Cleveland, Charlotte, or Miami hit their stride?

(The caveat to this entire post is should we still look like the same inconsistent team out of the playoff hunt come Christmas time, we're in trouble, but we'll cross that bridge if we get there.)

We should cry about passing up on Lillard, Beal, Noel, Drummond, etc. too then.

Ah yes, what a great idea Chuck. Because taking Drummond would be so much better then the move we made a year later in signing big Al. So my question is would you rather have Al Jefferson and MKG or Andre Drummond?

Drafting Noel would have been a nice choice, but compared to the other players in that draft, Zeller looks like a good pick. Certainly better then McLemore or Len.

Beal would've been nice, but again, would you rather have Stephenson and MKG, or Bradley Beal?

Lillard would've created a shitstorm and you know it. Jordan reaching with the number 2 pick to take a PG, the same position he spent a top ten pick on the year before.

The only Bobcat pick I felt vehemently bad about in the past 4 drafts was Bismack. Bismack was the 7th overall pick... I'm not going to claim I knew Kawhai Leonard was going to be great. I'm not going to claim I knew all about Clay Thompson. But BB was a defense and rebounding pick and I felt Kenneth Faried was the best defense and rebounding pick in the draft. That pick eats at me. 

He is/was worthy of a top 10 pick on potential alone. But that is beside the fact. Simply better hope your team make the right call ie pick him and he develops or pass on him and he flops.

Wouldnt be so quick to relegate Mcbuckets to only a dime. The dude is insanely gifted and can become a poor man's Dirk.

It's the NBA draft, you draft on potential. Were you expecting Vonleh to be a major contributer this season? If so, you shouldn't have been. If not, then why does it matter what McDermott is doing right now? We weren't competing for a chip this season anyways, that's still a little down the line. It was the right time to gamble on potential, we got a top 5 talent with the last top 10 pick we'll have in some time.

Ah yes, what a great idea Chuck. Because taking Drummond would be so much better then the move we made a year later in signing big Al. So my question is would you rather have Al Jefferson and MKG or Andre Drummond?

Drafting Noel would have been a nice choice, but compared to the other players in that draft, Zeller looks like a good pick. Certainly better then McLemore or Len.

Beal would've been nice, but again, would you rather have Stephenson and MKG, or Bradley Beal?

Lillard would've created a shitstorm and you know it. Jordan reaching with the number 2 pick to take a PG, the same position he spent a top ten pick on the year before.

Jefferson + Drummond

Lillard, shitstorm? lol MJ would've been called God by making that move.

You're one dum3 foo

Archived