• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Al Wallace said Cam Newton will never be a franchise qb

Ruff

This video of Cam doing all that with ok blocking and avg.. weapons says

you don't know what the fug your talking about..

Go try and be a Curling Analyst because you sure aren't a QB Guru....

uh oh here comes the homer squad. If you need to cry I'll leave the thread to give you some privacy. He's regressed and isn't worth a big contract. Great quarterbacks find ways to win. There's a reason he only has the ability to call audibles on 30% of the plays. It's because he lacks the aptitude to audible out of the other 70%. He's an outstanding athlete and an above average QB that won't take us very far unless he starts improving. He needs to learn to read defenses and most importantly needs to start hitting open receivers. That means getting his footwork in line. He's not perfect like many of you seem to believe.

Inb4 he has no talent around him. Other excuses etc.

If you were a troll you would be.........JMO

Dude, your arguments are just horrible. First you say that I'm not a real fan because I just joined this offseason (yet Taco and other idiot posters are real fans according to your logic becaue they joined earlier than I did), and now I'm a troll. You obviously are VERY insecure of Cam and have to defend him when ANYBODY says something bad about him. You just think that everybody is a troll that doesn't believe Cam is a franchise QB. You are either young or very ignorant.

This is only Cam's 5th year of high level football. Most QB's in their 4th year in the league are on their 7th of D-1 and NFL football. That's not a huge factor but I think it has a bigger effect than people think.

Also, Cam is surrounded by a laughable supporting cast in a laughable offensive system. Hard for anyone to succeed given the circumstances. If Cam was in Andrew Luck's situation, he would be successful. He probably wouldn't be able to make all the throws Luck makes or dissect a defense as quickly but anyone that expects Cam to ever play the position like Luck isn't being realistic. That being said, Cam can be a very good quarterback.

uh oh here comes the homer squad. If you need to cry I'll leave the thread to give you some privacy. He's regressed and isn't worth a big contract. Great quarterbacks find ways to win. There's a reason he only has the ability to call audibles on 30% of the plays. It's because he lacks the aptitude to audible out of the other 70%. He's an outstanding athlete and an above average QB that won't take us very far unless he starts improving. He needs to learn to read defenses and most importantly needs to start hitting open receivers. That means getting his footwork in line. He's not perfect like many of you seem to believe.

Inb4 he has no talent around him. Other excuses etc.

Name one "'Great QB" who over came a 

Bad Oline

Lack of pass catchers

bad playcaller

No running Game and

Bad defense and Special teams.

Just 1 who succeeded with all these things around him...

You no what nevermind........  your girl is a Pat's fan we already know your dick does all your thinking for you...

Dude, your arguments are just horrible. First you say that I'm not a real fan because I just joined this offseason (yet Taco and other idiot posters are real fans according to your logic becaue they joined earlier than I did), and now I'm a troll. You obviously are VERY insecure of Cam and have to defend him when ANYBODY says something bad about him. You just think that everybody is a troll that doesn't believe Cam is a franchise QB. You are either young or very ignorant.

No you need reading comprehension 101 or something..... Are you following the conversation you've been a part of for the last hour or so????

You and 1 of your buddies were giving each other pats on the back and talking about how much of a real Fan you are a few pages ago...

I just pointed out you have no history here of having a Cam opinion until this year......Which I was right....

Not my fault you have a lot of troll like qualities...LOL

are you serious kid? Have a nice 48 hour vacation.

I just said you're opinion is based on abstract thinking...lol

The video of Cam doing all the stuff you said he can't made you look.............Bad.. That's putting it nicely 

If Mark Sanchez can lead the number one offense in the game, then we can at least utilize Cam to his full potential with a competent OC and an OL that isn't filled with UDFAs.

Mark Sanchez isn't getting paid a kings ransom. Like I said as long as we don't break the bank to keep Cam then I'm on board.

Look, we all know Cam isn't elite nor is he a precision QB. Point? Matt Ryan and Tony Romo have more passing yards and higher completion percentages. Where has that gotten them? Yes, Cam makes mistakes, misses his receiver occasionally, and lacks touch but what QB doesn't have his flaws? The fact is Cam has a horrible offense, and is told to be perfect on every drive without protection and a consistent run game.

News Flash: Newton is already our franchise QB.

I seem to remember Brady was a game manager early in his career being carried By his defense too. The difference between us and other franchises is they've built around their QB -- we haven't.

Ryan, Romo also have a multitude of weaponary around them  that might be a reason of higher completion rate and yardage...

Plus Cam is comparable to their passer stats in their 1st 4 years of their career.

So let's not say what Cam is until we put actual talent around him..

But I agree with every thing else.

I just said you're opinion is based on abstract thinking...lol

The video of Cam doing all the stuff you said he can't made you look.............Bad.. That's putting it nicely

You showed a video of 1% of his plays from last year. They just so happened to be his best. You could make a 3 minute highlight video for any starting QB in the league. Hell you could make a 10 minute highlight video and still amen someone look amazing. He's a good quarterback just not worth what some want to pay him.

I want to know why some of you are fine with the gamble paying Cam top dollar? There is ZERO proof this organization can give him enough to help to balance out his shortcomings. So what happens when we pay him (and Luke ... who definitely deserves it) and things stay the same? You'll just continue to be sour pusses ragging the coaches for years. Won't you get tired of that? You're "But if Cam had this" and "If Cam had that" crap will get real old real fast. There isn't one QB in this league who does it by himself. You go off what they give you. Not what they might give you ... if. Cam has given us very good play so far as a Panther. That is not worth top dollar. Some of you would ruin this team as a GM. Be smart with Cam. Pay him a nice check but not top dollar. Then you build around him if you can. Sadly I doubt the Panthers can though. It's as if some of you think this whole business is magic. "Pay the man! Draft an O-line! Sign O-line FAs! Pay Luke top dollar! Bring in better WRs! Pay Olsen! We will make it to the Superbowl in two years tops!"

It doesn't work that way. 65% of Cam's bad play isn't on Cam. But ... you do the math. And you don't HOPE and GUESS for the future. You know what happens when you do? You overpay Charles Johnson, DeAngelo Williams, Jake Delhomme, Jonathan Stewart, and Greg Hardy and your team wallows in SUCK.

If you truly want to build this team ... you must be very careful with Cam. But as I've said before, you guys are so dazzled and in love with our first EVER stud QB that you can't think straight. And I'm looking right at you, guys with Cam in your avatar. 

You showed a video of 1% of his plays from last year. They just so happened to be his best. You could make a 3 minute highlight video for any starting QB in the league. Hell you could make a 10 minute highlight video and still amen someone look amazing. He's a good quarterback just not worth what some want to pay him.

How about a 11 min one from his rookie year

Doesn't change the FACT that YOU said he couldn't do something and I showed a Video of him doing that exact thing a few times..

Archived