• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Room with Cam Newton.

Stroupe-a-loop

His best wide receiver is an inconsistent route runner with unreliable hands and limited ball skills. He's also a rookie. Kelvin Benjamin has made plenty of eye-catching plays this year, but his numbers have been inflated because Carolina has been force-feeding him the football. On a more talented roster, Benjamin could very easily be a backup or bench player. He has been that inconsistent.

Whew, tell me how you really feel.  

I wanted to create a thread about Cam's pocket awareness and mobility he showed in the browns game. I think that was the worst game the o-line has had in a week and two but Cam just moved up and a round the pressure. It was elite to me what Cam was doing. Great job whoever broke down the film of it. 

The beauty of this, though, is that his natural instinct isn't to run the ball.

This is the most essential part of Cam as a duel-threat QB. His natural instinct is to keep his eyes downfield and look for the open man, whereas other young mobile QBs like Griffin, Wilson, Kaepernick all think run first. This is important for Cam's longevity in this league. I can't see Russell Wilson being a quality starter when his legs go out, but Cam certainly will be.

Yeah one of the problems Cam had early in the year was the pass rush was winning from every angle. Bell and Chandler would ferry their guys into the backfield and Cam needed to step up. Problem was Amini, Velasco, and Trai were getting pushed into his face. Just blocking the interior gives Cam a chance to be Cam.

Archived