• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Will Select Cameron Erving With #25

chknwing

former NFL DE Stephen White's breakdown of Erving:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/9/8345203/2015-nfl-draft-cameron-erving-breakdown-offensive-lineman

He rates him "somewhere in the middle of the 2nd round" and said that based on reviewing one game (vs Miami) with him at center that "I do think he can be a good interior offensive lineman."

But based on the other 3 games he reviewed (vs Oklahoma State, Notre Dame, and Virginia) with Erving at LT that:

"After seeing Erving play left tackle in three out of the four games that I watched, I'm definitely ruling him out as a left tackle in the NFL. For a guy who has been playing left tackle as long as he did for FSU, his technique was much too inconsistent, especially when he was pass blocking. He also wasn't all that great of a run blocker at left tackle in those three games.

He just didn't look above average at anything while playing left tackle. In fact, he was a disappointment to me ... For that reason, I would also question whether he would be any better at right tackle. Put a left tackle with bad feet, average power and average athletic ability at right tackle, and all you get is a bad right tackle."

I would say backup, not replacement, Kalil is a huge part of the team outside of just being a center.

Oh I agree but lets be realistic, he is going on year nine. I think we take advantage of the players we have gotten use to seeing. Our last centers lasted about the same time...

Jeff Mitchell 9 Years

Justin Hartwig 7 Years

Jeff Saturday who is known by alot of people played 14 years in the leauge and he was long in the tooth. Its not unrealistic for us to look for a replacement within the next year or two

Archived