• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Andre Johnson will be released if Texans can’t find trade partner

DeeJay

Whether cut or traded, the Texans will be on the hook for $7,319,583 of Andre's cap hit; which can be spread over two years via a June 1 cut.

If traded, his new team would incur the following cap hits over the next two seasons:

2015: $11.5m

2016: $12m

Idk if it will be AJ or not, but expect the Panthers to go hard after a FA WR and OT earlier in the process then normal. They have to get Cam serious help on offense and need to spend some serious cash as well.

yes AJ would be nice....but he is older...I think we should make a cheaper move and take the flier on Cpat out in Minny.....explosive kid and he is very bright

It's possible his agent looks at our team and realizes we're a couple playmakers away from a legit team since the defense is for real.   Even with Shula calling plays (gasp) we can do some damage.  He'll probably have a larger role here too as a #1, because KB is not #1 material just yet.  

Sign him, draft a WR in the 1st/2nd still, sign Ginn or Jacoby and go in with a core of AJ/KB/draft pick/Philly/Ginn or Jones.  Guess we're stuck with Cotchery as well.

How the heck does that coach tell Andre that he won't be starting... Pure idiocy

In fairness, it's easier to claim another team as idiots from the outside looking in due to name recognition. There are many, many people out there who to this day think we are stupid for releasing Smitty as if he was going to put up huge numbers here.

I admittedly don't watch a lot of Texans games, but I'm sure their AJ situation was/is similar to our SS situation.

Archived