• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting a team from scratch

JJman Returns

Who would you pick to start your NBA franchise?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Lebron James
    • Kevin Durant
    • Russell Westbrook
    • Stephen Curry
    • James Harden
    • Anthony Davis
    • Paul George

While I get where you're coming from, having a scorer like Harden is something almost no teams get. He's like a much better Monta Ellis. In the East, Harden could carry us to the playoffs single handedly (well, with a few talent around him).

I do believe MKG would fit a ton of systems better then Harden. I also believe our system is only missing a primary scorer. So Harden would fit well here IMO.

I agree with the above long post, team basketball wins games.

Look at my Hawks for an example. We used to be "stacked". Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Al Horford, Jamal Crawford, tons of weapons. The problem was all of these guys, sans Al, were only concerend with their own numbers. JJ became known as Iso Joe. Crawford either scored 30 or scored 0. Smith stopped playing defense and started chucking jumpshots.

Fast forward a few years and we're balling. Does our team have as much talent now as they did back then? No. But they play the right way. Team ball will always win.

Guys like Irving, Westbrook(him especially, the ultimate stat padder), Harden, Iso Joe etc. are more concerned with the crossovers and highlights than a championship. They won't win you games.

From what I've seen of MKG, he's an excellent hustler and lock down defender. He's not looking to take over the game. Honestly, I agree, I would take MKG over any of the above guys to start a team. He knows his role and doesn't force points on offense. 

Smart basketball > Sportscenter basketball 

Harden is one of the 5 best players in the league, he's carrying the Rockets to a playoff birth in the stacked west.  Dwight Howard hasn't even played half the season.  we'd be the 4 seed at worst in the East with Harden.  I love MKG more than anyone, he's my favorite player in the league but holy poo stop drinking the purple kool aid.  Harden is an absolute super star, and you can make a strong argument he deserves to be the MVP this year

Agreed. And calling Harden an "ISO chucker" is way too much of an understatement.

Harden is an elite scorer who knows how to carry a team offensively. As stated above, he's lead a relatively weakly talented team to a playoff birth in a dominate West without Dwight Howard.

Archived