• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Come on Panthers!

SCP

well to be fair "struggling for mediocrity" might become a theme for app state in the FBS so i can't say much

In all seriousness though, people laugh about the SoCon, but when I played the league featured Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, and Chad Pennington to name a few.

They'll be fine in that crap conference. They'll end up like Marshall.

Marshall has made a comeback as of recent, so i don't take that as a negative

and yeah, the SoCon used to be dirty. SoCon had the original Adrian Peterson.

now its just straight butt mud

Marshall has made a comeback as of recent, so i don't take that as a negative

and yeah, the SoCon used to be dirty. SoCon had the original Adrian Peterson.

now its just straight butt mud

The Marshall comment wasn't meant as a negative. They moved up and have had success but it doesn't contribute to national relevance.

In my time at Western (06-10) it was never like we expected to beat App in football, but we enjoyed the excuse to drink and yell more just to fit the occasion. The game also brought out more alumni than Homecoming. I hated the program, but much respect for App, of course. I wish we'd had a reason to drop a goal post on our chancellor's lawn. Cullowhee also provided nice seclusion and Sylva has some decent spots, but 4 years in college is all I could stand to live there.

In my time at Western (06-10) it was never like we expected to beat App in football, but we enjoyed the excuse to drink and yell more just to fit the occasion. The game also brought out more alumni than Homecoming. I hated the program, but much respect for App, of course. I wish we'd had a reason to drop a goal post on our chancellor's lawn. Cullowhee also provided nice seclusion and Sylva has some decent spots, but 4 years in college is all I could stand to live there.

I travel the U.S. and Canada for work and one of the best Italian restaurants I have ever eaten at used to be in Sylva. A little place called Meatballs.

Archived