• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Source: Saints having a complete fire sale

RelaxImaPro

Count me as someone who doesn't think the place you practice makes you any better of a football player.

I will count you as someone who doesn't have a prayer of winning the South or as having a practice facility makes you any better of a football player.

Keep in mind Graham only caught for 309 more yards than Jerricho Cotchery last year, and he is going from the #3 passing offense in New Orleans to the #27 passing offense in Seattle.

It's ok because he's a very good blocker. Excuse me, my pants seemed to have suddenly caught on fire

I think you and be could be buddies. You are a smartass but then again, so am I.

In all honesty, what are you guys doing?

We are cool, yes?

Lol. That's cool!

Not sure. Payton said after the season that changes would be made. It started with the changes on the coaching staff and has rolled over into the roster.

The Saints understand that Drew Brees is at his best when he has a pocket to climb and drive the ball. He doesn't have a rocket arm like Cam. He has to be able to climb to get velocity on his throws. It's also because of his size. He can't deal with pressure in his face as well as other taller QBs. When he gets constant interior pressure, you see him force throws and turn the ball over.

What do I think? I think the Saints made a call about Ungers availability. He missed a lot of time last year and they performed well without him, so why not check? They threw out some WRs, probably Stills and a pick or two and the Hawks asked about Jimmy. With the disconnect between he and management, he got dealt. It helps with the cap in future years as well.

Grubbs was just not very good. We've all known something would happen with him this offseason. With Evans injuries all year, I honestly thought something might get done with both. Grubbs was going to be cut. Not sure why the Chiefs traded for him. Apparently they didn't see him play this year.

As far as the cuts, the only one I didn't like football wise was Lofton. He's a solid backer. Problem was, you don't pay solid backers $9 million. He racked up tackles, but he missed a bunch and would hardly make plays behind the LOS. And please God don't ask him to cover someone lol.

I think there's just changes being made. And I'd be ignorant to suggest that none of it had to do with cap. If we were $20 million under, I doubt Lofton gets cut. Maybe Jimmy isn't available. I'm not sure, because that's all hypothetical. What I do know, is we were 7-9 last year, and that's not good enough. I'm happy they're making changes. Heard a lot of grumblings about the locker room last year. Haven't heard about that since Paytons been here.

And yes, we're cool.

Keep in mind Graham only caught for 309 more yards than Jerricho Cotchery last year, and he is going from the #3 passing offense in New Orleans to the #27 passing offense in Seattle.

After the Tampa game and the shoulder injury, Jimmy couldn't pick his arms above his head without pain. Kind of takes away his advantage. You saw him draw up and protect his shoulder a lot. In the red zone, the fades would get thrown back shoulder into his gut, instead of in the air, because he couldn't lift his arms. He contemplated surgery this offseason.

Jimmy will put up 1,000 and 10-12 TDs this year. Guys a beast. I'll miss him.

Wait is that legit about graham?

I guarantee you Graham took some concussions that weren't reported. I guarantee you he's damaged goods.

I would put money on the Saints looking to trade Brees for a sure shot at Mariotta before the dust settles.

Why would they want to pay a max contract to a QB whose value will only diminish from here out but could still make the difference on a team that needs a near-elite QB to get them into contention.

There are only 2 "sure-fire" franchise QB's in this draft and they are gonna both go top-10, if not top-2. The SuperDome is made for speed and cooks and Mariotta could be the makings of a dynamic offense.

I guarantee you Graham took some concussions that weren't reported. I guarantee you he's damaged goods.

I would put money on the Saints looking to trade Brees for a sure shot at Mariotta before the dust settles.

Why would they want to pay a max contract to a QB whose value will only diminish from here out but could still make the difference on a team that needs a near-elite QB to get them into contention.

There are only 2 "sure-fire" franchise QB's in this draft and they are gonna both go top-10, if not top-2. The SuperDome is made for speed and cooks and Mariotta could be the makings of a dynamic offense.

So, how much would you be willing to put on them moving Brees? Cause I'm definitely down.

After the Tampa game and the shoulder injury, Jimmy couldn't pick his arms above his head without pain. Kind of takes away his advantage. You saw him draw up and protect his shoulder a lot. In the red zone, the fades would get thrown back shoulder into his gut, instead of in the air, because he couldn't lift his arms. He contemplated surgery this offseason.

Jimmy will put up 1,000 and 10-12 TDs this year. Guys a beast. I'll miss him.

I don't venture to other boards. What is the sentiment towards Graham? 

So, how much would you be willing to put on them moving Brees? Cause I'm definitely down.

Just makes sense with the purge. Brees' best years are behind him, at least with the Saints. I mean...how many of his playmakers are left and how good is he gonna look after this fire sale...I would wager that his value would take a pretty big hit.

Archived