• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The genius that is the Gettleman 2014 draft

SIGCHI222

The problem is you are stating your opinion as fact. When it is just that an opinion.

its all just opinion that has been established early on in message board history.the real problem is you don't like it. Boston rated lower than bene. Boston taken before bene.that's a mistake.

its all just opinion that has been established early on in message board history.the real problem is you don't like it. Boston rated lower than bene. Boston taken before bene.that's a mistake.

Clearly the Panthers rated Boston higher than Bene, hence they picked him before. Clearly they didn't expect Bene to slide like that so they traded up for him and were validated by his play on the football field. 

The fact is that you DON'T know for a fact that Boston would be there in the 5th. Only way you would know that is to see other teams draft boards. 

Your argument is based on hind sight, which is silly because at the time most people on this board didn't know about Bene and were crying about no OT being picked. Same for many in the media. It's easy to say now, "pick Bene in the 4th" based on his play but if we did at the time, many people like you would be crying about Gettleman reaching. 

Clearly the Panthers rated Boston higher than Bene, hence they picked him before. Clearly they didn't expect Bene to slide like that so they traded up for him and were validated by his play on the football field.

The fact is that you DON'T know for a fact that Boston would be there in the 5th. Only way you would know that is to see other teams draft boards.

Your argument is based on hind sight, which is silly because at the time most people on this board didn't know about Bene and were crying about no OT being picked. Same for many in the media. It's easy to say now, "pick Bene in the 4th" based on his play but if we did at the time, many people like you would be crying about Gettleman reaching.

the fact is this thread is based on hindsight. My response the same from the moment Boston was picked.I am not the only one and that is a matter of public record on this board.bene was rated higher so there wouldn't be much argument either way that does not change the fact he reached for Boston.Now to dude who said gman had Boston higher lol.again not genius.

the fact is this thread is based on hindsight. My response the same from the moment Boston was picked.I am not the only one and that is a matter of public record on this board.bene was rated higher so there wouldn't be much argument either way that does not change the fact he reached for Boston.Now to dude who said gman had Boston higher lol.again not genius.

Lol. Show me where you had Bene rated higher.

drater

Archived