• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need TV/Internet Service Advice

TouchMeNot97

I am moving into a new home in the middle of September and want to get phone and internet service. I am already signed up for DirecTV for my TV viewing but need phone/internet. The only two companies that I know that provide these services in Charlotte are Time Warner and AT&T. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

I am moving into a new home in the middle of September and want to get phone and internet service. I am already signed up for DirecTV for my TV viewing but need phone/internet. The only two companies that I know that provide these services in Charlotte are Time Warner and AT&T. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

I am pretty sure if you check through AT&T and they can bundle everything with your DirecTV at a discounted price, or vice versa

That sucks. Verizon FiOS and Comcast are the best for internet. I know everybody will say "Comcast sucks!!!" and yes they do suck but they still offer a better product than any other telecom company. I mean what internet provider doesn't suck? They all suck and will all piss you off by charging too much or having bad customer service, it's the name of the game. I just happens that Comcast is by far the biggest so you hear the most poo about them.

FiOS and Comcast consistently offer the best speeds and most reliable service. I'm lucky to live in a very good internet market where FiOS is wired everywhere. So you can get a good 20-25 down/10-15 up with either FiOS or comcast. My connection is FiOS 25/15 for $50 per month. I can download a full length HD (720p) movie in about 45 minutes.

Sorry for ranting and not being helpful.

That's true, however their DSL service is not available in my area yet and I am trying to find other options.

You are screwed. TWC will give you a deal at first but then go way the hell up. Not just a few bucks but 35% or so. Direct did the same thing to me. I changed to dish network. They say when the intro is over they will be about where the direct started. We will see.

If you knew that you could not get internet from AT&T, why did you sign up for DirectTV?

My old house had all TW and it worked great. Where I am living now I am on the DirectTV/AT&T deal with DSL. Cable had better speeds than the DSL but it appears to be livable.

I didn't know about the internet till a few days ago. I got DirecTV because they offered the Premium package with Sunday Ticket for only $59.99 for 5 months plus I got them to throw in Superfan for free and i get discounts through work and by being a Costco member. Their TV package was so much better than anything Time Warner could offer its unbelievable.

Archived