• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I feel something very very wrong with Jonathan Stewart

Sam Mills Fan

let's see...he's warming up, walking around, not using a boot, doing strength and conditioning, and working with trainers....how the hell does someone get put on IR or need surgery when the only thing they're doing is missing practice or a meaningless preseason?

and as for the second opinion...keep in mind, last season they had to convince stewart that even tho there was a lot of discomfort with his toe, he couldn't do any damage to it.

anyone stop to think that fox and company let him seek a second opinion for his own peace of mind so he could be mentally ready for the upcoming season?

I think Stewart is quite alright. I've injured my achilles before. I didn't even tear it and I had trouble just getting up off the couch. If he's doing strength and conditioning and standing up for an entire game, I highly doubt he will be going on IR this year unless another injury hits him.

I really think the team is just babying Stewart. If D. Williams had the ever so slight hint of an injury I guarantee Fox would pull his ass out in heart beat and not play him until he's a 110%, especially in pre-season. The achilles is not something to mess with. On our team with 2 star running backs, its an important job being D Wills back up and he's not really a back up. The team knows how special these guys are and they aren't taking any chances especially with such an early buy week this season.

having someone like J-stew is a cornerstone in Fox's entire football philosophy. we are a smash mouth football team, last in the league in pass attempts. so why would foxy want to risk his #1B running back getting injured any further in the preseason? this isnt a ploy or indication of potential upcoming trade, its just a conservative coach looking after his regular season. Stewart is the back that fox has always coveted, there is no way he is going anywhere via a trade or IR at this point.

I saw him up close at fanfest the other week (signed my stewart jersey in fact!) and he was participating in kickoff return and other conditioning drills at that point. he was also walking around with no limp, and no boot. he has done nothing but rest since then, so i see no reason why he would be further injured now than at the start of training camp.

frankly i am more concered about his lack of reps allowing him to get injured more easily once the season begins. but lets hope he has another great year as he and D-will strive for panthers SB run.

The Observer is now reporting that it's more and more likely that Stewart will miss some regular season time...sorry no link, I'm on my phone. It is the Observer we're talking about here, so that info is certainly not based on any actual research or leg work, but rather on reading other people's articles. Personally, I think he'll be out there week one and playing.

Archived