• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A special thank you for all our mom's that have left us

Jmac

yeah this is a club I'm not happy to be a part of. Lost Mom almost 5 years ago...she had a massive heart attack two weeks before my wedding. She's the first big loss that I've had in my life and it has rocked me to my core. I feel so bad for my children, because they missed out on an incredible lady who would have spoiled the ever-living poo out of them.

Things like this force you to grow up. You feel older. You start thinking about your own mortality and how death effects everyone around you. It's not a good feeling. I celebrate Mother's Day for my wife....but I still try to fill that day full of as many chores and busy work as I can just to help make it end faster.

Gone, but never forgotten. Miss you mom. Be strong, fellow Huddlers. I feel your pain.

My mom passed away from a car accident. I'm not sure which would have been worse, and unexpected accident like that, or a long drawn out illness...neither are worth a poo I suppose. I was actually in the middle of basic training for the Air Force when my mom had her accident. Had to come home for a month in the middle of all that, then go back to basic training and finish. Talk about an absolutely crazy time in my life. Wouldn't wish that experience on my worst enemy.

Archived