• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Open WWE/NXT/Pro Wrestling thread

teeray

I may get some hate for this, but I like John Cena.

He is alright, just stale. I love it when crowd sings "John Cena suuuucks" to his music.

He should have gone heel a while ago, but is a cash cow for Vince with the kids so I get why they don't.

But it would help him and WWE if they just turned him IMO.

I don't hate him, I am just kind of indifferent about him, and think he is a little bit too protected.

Mankind vs Undertaker is also a classic. 

The "Beyond the Mat" doc with Jake The Snake, Dory Funk and Mankind is fantastic.  My wife who hates wrestling loved it and realized most of Darin Arnofsky's The Wrestler seemed to be from that doc. 

Now Im chasing down matches on youtube lol.

Mankind vs Undertaker is also a classic.

The "Beyond the Mat" doc with Jake The Snake, Dory Funk and Mankind is fantastic. My wife who hates wrestling loved it and realized most of Darin Arnofsky's The Wrestler seemed to be from that doc.

Now Im chasing down matches on youtube lol.

I assume you mean Hell In a Cell. I am conflicted on that match.

It wasn't really that great of a match, but it was also a re-fugging-diculous match.

There wasn't a lot that actually happened (it was pretty much a squash match by Undertaker), but all of it was jaw dropping. Mick Foley is crazy.

I was like Jerry Lawler "that's it, he's dead"

It wasn't really that great of a match, but it was also a re-fugging-diculous match.

There wasn't a lot that actually happened (it was pretty much a squash match by Undertaker), but all of it was jaw dropping. Mick Foley is crazy.

Your right..not much for wrestling but it was a jaw dropping thing to watch. Jerry Lawler alone on his commentary is awesome. 

The name of the match was Hell in the Cell, but I was veering off on the Mick Foley portion of the documentary "Beyond the Mat". I am pretty sure they show that match but maybe it was just him and Sean Michaels in the doc. 

They show Foley's early UWF days as well as his fights with Shawn Michaels...they show the family terrorized shrieking in horror bc they know Mick is insane and wants Sean Michaels to hit him as hard as possible with the chair for the realism. 

if you have not seen "Beyond the Mat" I highly recommend it. Just the Jake the Snake Roberts segment with him wrestling in high School gyms on the smaller circuits...him addicted to crack and trying to reconnect with his daughter. Really sad as he was a star in the WWF heyday. It was on Netflix at one point. 

Your right..not much for wrestling but it was a jaw dropping thing to watch. Jerry Lawler alone on his commentary is awesome. 

The name of the match was Hell in the Cell, but I was veering off on the Mick Foley portion of the documentary "Beyond the Mat". I am pretty sure they show that match but maybe it was just him and Sean Michaels in the doc. 

They show Foley's early UWF days as well as his fights with Shawn Michaels...they show the family terrorized shrieking in horror bc they know Mick is insane and wants Sean Michaels to hit him as hard as possible with the chair for the realism. 

if you have not seen "Beyond the Mat" I highly recommend it. Just the Jake the Snake Roberts segment with him wrestling in high School gyms on the smaller circuits...him addicted to crack and trying to reconnect with his daughter. Really sad as he was a star in the WWF heyday. It was on Netflix at one point. 

Oh I have it on DVD.  Been a while since I have watched it, and I may be mistaken, but I think you are talking about the Foley family looking on in horror when he took like 13 consecutive head shots with a chair while being handcuffed from the Rock in an "I quit" match

The Jake the Snake portion just makes me sad because he was up there as one of my favorite all-time wrestlers from my childhood.

I might watch it again tomorrow because it has been years since I sat down and watched it

Watching Mankind fly off that cell was mind blowing. It gives me chills to this day, and it was a landmark in wrestling history. But yes, the match itself was a throw away.

I think Rollins keeps the belt this Sunday. It's cool they're giving Ambrose a shot. I expect many near falls and false finishes to tease the crowd into believing Dean will win.

Does everyone here do the network? I have for a little under a year now. The archives are just fantastic, and the original series are quite good as well. I looked forward to Monday Night Wars every week.

Watching Mankind fly off that cell was mind blowing. It gives me chills to this day, and it was a landmark in wrestling history. But yes, the match itself was a throw away.

I think Rollins keeps the belt this Sunday. It's cool they're giving Ambrose a shot. I expect many near falls and false finishes to tease the crowd into believing Dean will win.

Does everyone here do the network? I have for a little under a year now. The archives are just fantastic, and the original series are quite good as well. I looked forward to Monday Night Wars every week.

I watch it every night going to bed. I love it.

He is alright, just stale. I love it when crowd sings "John Cena suuuucks" to his music.

He should have gone heel a while ago, but is a cash cow for Vince with the kids so I get why they don't.

But it would help him and WWE if they just turned him IMO.

I don't hate him, I am just kind of indifferent about him, and think he is a little bit too protected.

Cena have a great reason to why he had never turned heel in his Jerricho interview. It's worth a watch.

They had new shirts and ensuring made for him to turn heel, but he just couldn't because he looked into the crowd and couldn't take that little kid cheering him on to no longer have a hero and role model.

Cena have a great reason to why he had never turned heel in his Jerricho interview. It's worth a watch.

They had new shirts and ensuring made for him to turn heel, but he just couldn't because he looked into the crowd and couldn't take that little kid cheering him on to no longer have a hero and role model.

Kids these days. I would gladly tell any youngster what it was like when my hero Hulk Hogan told me to "stick it" in July 1996.

Kids these days. I would gladly tell any youngster what it was like when my hero Hulk Hogan told me to "stick it" in July 1996.

I went from adoring the guy night and day to loathing him in all of 24 hours. No heel turn has ever been or ever will be more emotional than "Hollywood" Hulk Hogans. WCW nailed that one hard.

I think Sting too. After he was in something called Powerteam USA with the Ultimate Warrior ... neither man in facepaint.

Which one had Iceman King Parsons, Baron Von Rachke, Corporeal Kershner, The Great Kabuki. etc?

Sting and Warrior were in a stable called "Powerteam USA", I can't remember what promotion they were in. They split aeay from that and joined some other promotion calling themselves Justice (Warrior) and Flash (Sting). I dont think they had a tag team name though. Then they joined UWF and became a tag team calling themselves "The Blade Runners". This is in the mid 80's. GWF didn't start until 90 or 91 after Sting had already established himself in NWA/WCW and Warrior in WWF.

Archived