• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Comics Thread

RealBitsOfPanther

I have gotten back into them lately.

I am a Hulk homer and have read most of his comics.

I have read all of the Walking Dead to date.

I like Thanos as well.  Have read most of the comics that involve him.

I have recently started reading the Dark Horse's "Conan" series

I recently bought the two monster "The Sandman" omnibuses.  I heard it is an awesome series but haven't started them yet

And I have read most of the Saga series to date 

I am severely lacking in DC comic universe.  Don't read any DC comics 

DC comics have been very bad lately imo. The only book that has been good in their stable has been Snyder's Batman, and even that is heading into meh territory with the "new status quo." 

Most of the books on my pull list now a days are image. The Walking Dead, Invincible, Saga (which is awesome), Southern Bastards, Black Science, Manifest Destiny.. All our awesome books 

Marvel has a couple of books that have been good as well. 

The new Secret Wars has been amazing, Jonathan Hickman did an incredible job building up to it the past couple years with his Avengers/New Avengers series and it's paying off immensely

I have Secret Wars #1 and #2, but I haven't read them yet.  One of the reasons is because I haven't read any of the build up to it so I was afraid I wouldn't know what was going on.  I literally just bought them and put them away for now.

They have a prelude volume coming out later so I might just wait and keep collecting them all and just stash them away until I can get the prelude.

Glad to hear it is really good so far.

I have Secret Wars #1 and #2, but I haven't read them yet.  One of the reasons is because I haven't read any of the build up to it so I was afraid I wouldn't know what was going on.  I literally just bought them and put them away for now.

They have a prelude volume coming out later so I might just wait and keep collecting them all and just stash them away until I can get the prelude.

Glad to hear it is really good so far.

Issue 3 is out too. Was really great. I know the comics app marvel has had something like that, but I get wanting a hard copy obviously. You can read Secret Wars and gain a quick understanding of what's going, but I think you do appreciate it more if you read the build up.

It is over 70+ titles though and some of the early issues in his mainline Avengers run weren't exhilarating, but some necessary character and world building.

A lot of the spin off SW titles are really great too. A lot of the time they can be a nuisance but they really fit and most are really interesting.

I've heard nothing but great things about Secret Wars. I have #1 and #2 in my pile of stuff that I need to read. I haven't read any of the build up really other than a couple of New Avengers arcs. I couldn't get into Hickman's Avengers. I heard most of the tie in issues were rad as well. Once school's out for summer and i'm off, I will get caught up with everything. 

Archived