• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other team's cuts

Mr. Scot

Starting to trickle in. Not much of interest thus far, but the process has begun.

The RB who trucked our defense last night, Isaac Redman, was let go from the Steelers.

The Cardinals have made all their cuts and kept both Alan Branch and Gabe Watson for the moment.

Chiefs let go of a name tackle in Daimon McIntosh.

Bears let go of CB/RS Rod Hood, his second cut in a week.

Pats let go of an OL named Stephen Williams whose name I remember, but not sure why. Also let go of former Panther Vinny Choo Choo.

Jets let go of former Panther camper Kevin Brock (TE).

Starting to trickle in. Not much of interest thus far, but the process has begun.

The RB who trucked our defense last night, Isaac Redman, was let go from the Steelers.

The Cardinals have made all their cuts and kept both Alan Branch and Gabe Watson for the moment.

Chiefs let go of a name tackle in Daimon McIntosh.

Bears let go of CB/RS Rod Hood, his second cut in a week.

Pats let go of an OL named Stephen Williams whose name I remember, but not sure why. Also let go of former Panther Vinny Choo Choo.

Jets let go of former Panther camper Kevin Brock (TE).

We should sign him and put him on the scout team so we can learn to tackle, LOL

Just saw this reported on PFT

The Denver Broncos have cleared ten names off their roster, a day before the deadline for getting down to 53.

The team has announced that nine players have been released: defensive lineman Matthias Askew, guard Kory Lichtensteiger, quarterback Ingle Martin, cornerback Rashod Moulton, tackle Clint Oldenburg, defensive lineman Carlton Powell, linebacker Lee Robinson, receiver Nate Swift, and running back Marcus Thomas.

Also, guard Matt McChesney has been placed on injured reserve.

Matthias Askew sounds real familiar but not sure why...

This too about the Cards

The Arizona Cardinals have determined the 53 men with whom they'll start the season.

Unless and until, that is, the Cardinals pick up some of the players who'll be cut by other teams in the next 24 hours.

The team has announced that the following players have been released: linebacker Chase Bullock, guard Trevor Canfield, fullback Tim Castille, cornerback Jameel Dowling, defensive tackle Keilen Dykes, defensive end Alex Field, cornerback Wilfrey Fontenot, center Melvin Fowler, safety Aaron Francisco, receiver Ed Gant, linebacker Victor Hobson, linebacker David Holoway, receiver Onrea Jones, defensive tackle Rodney Leisle, fullback Regan Maui'a, guard Carlton Medder, quarterback Tyler Palko, tight end Leonard Pope, tackle Oliver Ross, receiver Steve Sanders, and running back Chris Vincent.

Any of them with less than four years of service will be subjected to waivers. Any of them with four or more years of service will become unrestricted free agents.

The Steelers didn't wait for Saturday to whittle their roster down to the 53-man limit.

Running backs Carey Davis and Isaac Redman, cornerback Anthony Madison, and linebacker Bruce Davis were among the players who got a visit from the turk.

The identities of all the other players are not yet available, but seventh-round pick A.Q. Shipley and defensive tackle Scott Paxson also were released by the team, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Once we know the rest of the names, PFT will bring them to you, along with the cuts from all 32 teams around the league for the next day.

Pittsburgh list, sort of. They haven't released all the names so far.

And here is the Chiefs cuts. I hope this isn't overkill but I hope by doing this there isn't 20 threads about each person cut since they are all listed in this thread.

The Kansas City Chiefs have announced the release of eight players, as they attempt to work toward 53 players by 6:00 p.m. ET on Saturday.

Gone are fullback Jed Collins, cornerback Travis Daniels, cornerback Londen Fryar, center Eric Ghiaciuc, tackle Damion McIntosh, linebacker Corey Smith, tackle Herb Taylor, and guard Tavares Washington.

The biggest surprise is McIntosh, an eight-year starter who was due to make $2.2 million this year. He started 16 games last year at right tackle for the Chiefs, and he has been a regular starter at left and right tackle since 2001 for the Chargers and Dolphins, too.

In all, McIntosh has starter 111 career games.

Because he's a vested veteran, he instantly becomes a free agent, and he likely won't be out of work for long.

And here's New England.

The New England Patriots have announced the release of six players in advance of Saturday's 6:00 p.m. ET deadline for chopping rosters to 53 men.

Gone are linebacker Vinny Ciurciu, receiver Robert Ortiz, safety Roderick Rogers, defensive lineman Stephen Williams, and guard Billy Yates.

Also cut is quarterback Andrew Walter.

Jets

Well ahead of Saturday's deadline, the Jets began the business of whittling their roster down to 53 players by making three cuts.

The team parted ways with a pair of tight ends, Kevin Brock and Jack Simmons, and wide receiver Marcus Henry, according to Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger.

Brock and Simmons were both made expendable when the team signed Ben Hartsock on Wednesday, and Simmons didn't help his cause by dropping a goodly number of the passes sent his way during preseason.

Henry, a sixth-round pick in 2008, made the team out of training camp last year before getting cut in September and spending the rest of the year on the practice squad. His departure could be a good sign for Aundrae Allison, the former Vikings receiver the Jets claimed off waivers in early August.

Falcons:

The Atlanta Falcons have gotten a head start, cutting seven players on Friday afternoon.

Gone are safety Eric Brock, cornerback Glenn Sharpe, offensive tackle Adam Speer, offensive guard Ryan Stanchek, cornerback Tony Tiller, center Ben Wilkerson, and wide receiver Chandler Williams.

Eagles

Though the fates of quarterback A.J. Feeley, receiver Reggie Brown, and receiver Kevin Curtis remain undecided, the Eagles have cut a trio of other players -- and they have signed a fairly new arrival to a new deal.

The team announced earlier today that tight end Eugene Bright, linebacker Curtis Gatewood, and defensive tackle Willie Williams have been released.

The Eagles separately have announced that defensive end Jason Babin, a one-time first-round pick of the Texans, has signed a new deal to replace the contract Babin signed with the team on August 4.

The terms of the new contract aren't known. Though it's looking increasingly likely that the salary cap will disappear next year, the Eagles might be covering their bases by pushing some excess 2009 space into next year via the addition of a bogus incentive to Babin's deal.

Regardless, the fact that the team has chosen to do business with Babin today suggests that, of the 19 moves the team needs to make by 6:00 p.m. ET on Saturday, Babin won't be going anywhere.

Leonard Pope? Could be an upgrade... I always thought Francisco was a serviceable Safety too, kind of like a Marlon McCree type guy - hard hitter, great ST'er, etc.

If I remember correctly a lot of people on here wanted the Panthers to draft him back when he came out of college. I'm surprised he was cut because I thought he was their starting TE.

Stephen Williams is a DT. Made some noise last preseason for us. (Man has the biggest arms I have ever seen). We developed him for a season and a half. Cut in a numbers game.

That's where I remember him from. Site I read mistakenly had him listed as an OL.

I hope this isn't overkill but I hope by doing this there isn't 20 threads about each person cut since they are all listed in this thread.

There was already a sticky up before. I was originally just going to post in that thread, but when I logged in it wasn't there.

Archived