• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barclays Premier League- 2015/16 Season Thread

13 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Leicester is going to get killed next year...  People will find the way around their cheeky playing style. Our of 3 loses this year, Arsenal beat them twice.

Hell, even we beat them. But yea, Leicester will regress significantly. It's sad they stole a UCL spot because they'll get wrecked in that too.

4 hours ago, DirtyMagic97 said:

Hell, even we beat them. But yea, Leicester will regress significantly. It's sad they stole a UCL spot because they'll get wrecked in that too.

Leicester basically had no injuries all season long.  They played the same squad every game.  No way they can get that lucky next year with everyone going after them and extra CL games.

6 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Leicester basically had no injuries all season long.  They played the same squad every game.  No way they can get that lucky next year with everyone going after them and extra CL games.

Ranieri has managed to get the best out of what was an average bunch, looking at the names on paper. There's no promise he can't get a decent job out of his fringe players, given what he's done with the likes of Morgan, Huth, Albrighton...

3 hours ago, Trev_GFC said:

Ranieri has managed to get the best out of what was an average bunch, looking at the names on paper. There's no promise he can't get a decent job out of his fringe players, given what he's done with the likes of Morgan, Huth, Albrighton...

He plays very deep 4 with 6 players never leaving their half unless it's a corner or free kick.  He dares people to come forward.  When teams do come forward, they kick the ball as far as they can to Vardy and Mahrez, basically asking them to do everything.

Raniere is not a genious, he's using the same concept Chelsea used 4 years ago to win CL.

On 4/3/2016 at 11:48 PM, DirtyMagic97 said:

Sakho has been our most consistent CB for two years. No way we get rid of him after a short dip in form.

His passing/dribbling has gone down considerably, and he gives away possession a lot this season when he's pressured/pressed. Lovren does not have those issues and his play of late should solidify him as a starter there, and I don't believe JK is bringing in Matip in to sit on the bench. He'll play. If Sakho and Skrtel are kept around as backups/sporadic players, I'm good with it, but it's obvious an upgrade is needed there.

Also, I'm aware that Mignolet was just extended, but I've just never been convinced that he's EPL starter quality, especially at a club like Liverpool. I think looking for a GK is in Liverpool's best interest. 

33 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

His passing/dribbling has gone down considerably, and he gives away possession a lot this season when he's pressured/pressed. Lovren does not have those issues and his play of late should solidify him as a starter there, and I don't believe JK is bringing in Matip in to sit on the bench. He'll play. If Sakho and Skrtel are kept around as backups/sporadic players, I'm good with it, but it's obvious an upgrade is needed there.

Also, I'm aware that Mignolet was just extended, but I've just never been convinced that he's EPL starter quality, especially at a club like Liverpool. I think looking for a GK is in Liverpool's best interest. 

Sakho's pass percentage is 90% while Lovren's is 82%. Sakho had a poor match, but he's been way more consistent than Lovren. And let's not forget it was partially Lovren's fault Kane scored. Poor positioning resulted in that goal. I do think Lovren was the far better player on Saturday though.

Lovren is also racking up cards. His erratic challenges are great when he gets the ball, but eventually he's going to cost us. Let's not forget that Lovren was a complete disaster for like a year and a half. He's only recently come good, so I'm not yet putting all my eggs in the Lovren basket.

Big win today - 3 goals within 6 minutes is huge. Too bad I still don't see Leicester dropping many points, if any. That gap is just too huge to close at the moment, and although I'll be hoping like crazy, it's a tough battle to win.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but come on ManU and Chelsea. Beat those foxes!

5 hours ago, Raskle said:

Big win today - 3 goals within 6 minutes is huge. Too bad I still don't see Leicester dropping many points, if any. That gap is just too huge to close at the moment, and although I'll be hoping like crazy, it's a tough battle to win.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but come on ManU and Chelsea. Beat those foxes!

Glad Spurs won, gave us some breathing room in the 4 spot. LCFC would have to collapse at this point for Spurs to snatch the title though.

21 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Glad Spurs won, gave us some breathing room in the 4 spot. LCFC would have to collapse at this point for Spurs to snatch the title though.

Yep, looks like top 4 is set.  Arsenal vs MC will be a fight for #3 spot.

Watch West Ham spanking Leicester.

Archived