• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barclays Premier League- 2015/16 Season Thread

3 hours ago, djp14 said:

Using that logic, a team outside of CL and Europa should challenge for the title every year.

No, using that logic you can see why a stronger-than-normal smaller club could challenge for (and win) a title in a year where bigger clubs did themselves in. I have to believe that if Tottenham had not played the extra 8-10 matches down the stretch, they probably would have had a very good chance at the title.

It's a great story and I'm glad people are excited about it. Hopefully it helps the league continue to grow. But next season when Leicester have to juggle Prem, UCL, FA, and League Cup matches, everyone will see just how hard it is to get through that. They will do well to stay in top 8.

46 minutes ago, DirtyMagic97 said:

But next season when Leicester have to juggle Prem, UCL, FA, and League Cup matches, everyone will see just how hard it is to get through that. They will do well to stay in top 8.

Can't argue with that.

I was expecting City to rip Arsenal to shreds...  Well, call me surprised.  I'm not sure if Manchester United will beat WHU on Tuesday, very important game for them.  If MU beats WHU, 4th spot is theirs. Arsenal need to beat or tie Aston Villa... A team that has absolutely nothing to play for...

also, Dirty is correct.  The reason Leicester did so well is because they had no impactful injuries this year.  Next year, when they play 3 matches in one week...  It's a different beast.

1 minute ago, ARSEN said:

Swansea played lights out last 2 games.  MU plays against shitty team.

Swansea has nothing to play for and is sitting Williams, Taylor, and Sigurdsson. That being said, I'm sure we will need a stoppage time equalizer to escape with a draw lol.

26 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Swansea has nothing to play for and is sitting Williams, Taylor, and Sigurdsson. That being said, I'm sure we will need a stoppage time equalizer to escape with a draw lol.

They will play to knock off MC from CL.

1 hour ago, pantherphan96 said:

They have nothing to play for and are resting some players in advance of the Euro this summer.

Not sure where you see this...  I do not see any news on Swansea resting their starters.  Who the fug rest their starters a month before Euro?  Arsenal will play full squad but they don't have to...

Archived