• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

trashy unclassed falcons fan trying to say that matt ryan is better then cam

juliosantos

Eh. We have different memories. The arguments on both sides have basically flip flopped. I wouldn't care, because I have no dog in the fight. I think Ryan is a better QB. I think they're both pretty close as far as their impact on a team. Cam has the higher ceiling. 

This is another point I don't agree with. Cam doesn't take over games. It's the reason why the Panthers win when the defense plays well and more often than not, lose when he defense doesn't. The biggest turn around on the Panthers team last year was the defense. When they returned to dominant form, the Panthers won. 

Thats not a knock on Cam. Every QB needs help.

Yea and it had nothing to do with Cam becoming healthy. Nothing at all...

Say what you want but this is the first year Cam has had a WR Corp worth a damn. Pretty much every other team in our division has had better WRs. If I was a betting man I would bet Cam has one of his best passing years because he has guys who can play. 

Yea and it had nothing to do with Cam becoming healthy. Nothing at all...

Say what you want but this is the first year Cam has had a WR Corp worth a damn. Pretty much every other team in our division has had better WRs. If I was a betting man I would bet Cam has one of his best passing years because he has guys who can play. 

I'm sure his ankle started feeling better late in the year. The offensive line play helped as well. I'm just not sure why it's so hard to look at the team and say what was the biggest turn around? It was the defense. The defense returned to dominant 2013 form and the Panthers started winning. 

When the Panthers defense is playing well, it helps that offense. They get shorter fields and more possessions. Cam had one game during the 4 game win streak that really stood out, and that was against the Saints. During the 4 game win streak, they gave up 10.5 points a game, as opposed to the 30+ PPG they were giving up during the losing streak. The highest point total an opponent had during the win streak was 16, and that was Arizona, who didn't have a scoring drive over 40 yards. Turnovers set up their TDs. 

Im not trying to knock Cam with my assessment. Just looking at things from the outside, the defense was the reason for the turnaround.

I'm sure his ankle started feeling better late in the year. The offensive line play helped as well. I'm just not sure why it's so hard to look at the team and say what was the biggest turn around? It was the defense. The defense returned to dominant 2013 form and the Panthers started winning. 

When the Panthers defense is playing well, it helps that offense. They get shorter fields and more possessions. Cam had one game during the 4 game win streak that really stood out, and that was against the Saints. During the 4 game win streak, they gave up 10.5 points a game, as opposed to the 30+ PPG they were giving up during the losing streak. The highest point total an opponent had during the win streak was 16, and that was Arizona, who didn't have a scoring drive over 40 yards. Turnovers set up their TDs. 

Im not trying to knock Cam with my assessment. Just looking at things from the outside, the defense was the reason for the turnaround.

Can really say it was one problem.  We also started to use the right running backs and not the wrong one(Williams). Our whole system is set up to run the ball and grind time. We'll if your defense is getting gashed and your RB is not gaining ground well... I'm not going to sit here and say we were a good team all year because the first half was all kinds of messed up still we improved in key areas when we needed to and that's what playoff teams do. 

Can really say it was one problem.  We also started to use the right running backs and not the wrong one(Williams). Our whole system is set up to run the ball and grind time. We'll if your defense is getting gashed and your RB is not gaining ground well... I'm not going to sit here and say we were a good team all year because the first half was all kinds of messed up still we improved in key areas when we needed to and that's what playoff teams do. 

I'm not disagreeing with anything you say. The Oline was definitely improved. Stewart being healthy was huge. I'm just saying, the biggest difference, to me, was the defense. A QBs best friend is a good defense.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you say. The Oline was definitely improved. Stewart being healthy was huge. I'm just saying, the biggest difference, to me, was the defense. A QBs best friend is a good defense.

Yea I understand why you are saying that. The defense definitely tighten up after they got that Hardy was not coming back. I still point out our WRS and run game because in Sea they sold out on our run game and made us pass. We took on the best DBS in the league with 2 rookies and some JAGs. If Cam had White ans Jones in that game they could not have done that. This year we improved that weakness and hopefully Cam will improve because of it. As a Saints fan I'm sure you can understand the greatness that comes with a good QB and WRs.

Archived