• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

9 player rotation

bLACKpANTHER

PG: Kemba - Lin - Roberts - Harrison

SG: Batum - PJ - Lin - Lamb

SF: MKG - Lamb - Williams

PF: Zeller - Williams -Hawes

C: Jefferson - Kaminsky - Hawes

Clifford has been saying a lot lately that he believes in the 9 player rotation, not 10. Obviously from night-to-night, matchups will play a huge role in who is in his 9 man rotation, but who do you think will be the 9 key cogs in the rotation? IMO, Roberts and Harrison are outside looking in

1- Kemba 2- Lin 3- Batum 4- MKG 5- Zeller 6- Jefferson 7- Kaminsky

Unless Kaminsky completely flops in preseason- he will be playing off the the bench.

8-Lamb/PJ 9- Hawes/Williams

^^right here is where it gets interesting.. PJ and Lamb have the same skillset, but one is more of an athlete (Lamb) and one is more of a spot up shooter (PJ). Same thing for Hawes (shooter) and Williams (athlete). I'm sure things will be fluid throughout the season and injurys will probably come into play, but with all things being equal right now- who are your 9 players that will get the bulk of the minutes?

You left out Daniels who, along with Marvin should take those last two spots. PJ if anything has played his way out of the rotation and Lamb and Hawes are unknowns although early reviews on Hawes are less than ideal.

I realised i left him off when the team announced his bday on instagram.. oops.. sry bro!

yeah, they seem to be giving him a shot to enter the rotation, but unless he really wows us wih his 3pt shot- i think it will be tough for him

we used our amnesty on Tyrus Thomas. I don't think any team has an amnesty privelage anymore

The Hawks, Grizzlies, & Thunder could amnesty Horford, Conley, & Durant. The Celtics, Pistons, Pelicans, Kings, Spurs, & Jazz have not used the amnesty but they do not have any eligible players. The remaining 21 teams have used the amnesty clause.

with our coach i'm being serious when i say i wouldn't  be surprised at all if Hawes gets minutes over Frank

Why? Because he wouldnt play Vonleh and PJ who weren't any good? He gave Cody decent minutes as a rookie and I still remember folks on here complaining that he should have gotten starts over McBob, which, given what has transpired since then, is hilarious.

Again, folks want to fault Clifford for not developing any of these rookies when the reality is the young players we've had aren't that good. If Frank is good enough to play, he'll play. Simple as that.

Why? Because he wouldnt play Vonleh and PJ who weren't any good? He gave Cody decent minutes as a rookie and I still remember folks on here complaining that he should have gotten starts over McBob, which, given what has transpired since then, is hilarious.

Again, folks want to fault Clifford for not developing any of these rookies when the reality is the young players we've had aren't that good. If Frank is good enough to play, he'll play. Simple as that.

Cody is better than McRoberts.

Cody is better than McRoberts.

Mcbob's presence on the team that year is probably overstated but the things he was able to do made him fit on the roster alot better. Now that Cody has come along offensively and especially on the defensive side McBob isn't the "must re-sign" type of guy he was last offseason.

I wish we could trade Hawes & Marvin for a decent rim protector. Throw in a 1st if you have to. Start Zeller/Jefferson and sub with Frank/???. Marvin is great as a backup SF/PF and locker room guy, but considering Batum/MKG are our best players we aren't stretched for a good backup SF. There aren't gonna be many minutes at all there. Goddamn, just casting Biz off if one of the dumbest things this team has done. And that's saying a lot because there's been a lot of dumb. Biz is a poor player overall, but he's an ELITE rim protector and that's the one thing we're missing.

Archived