• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lowe's Kickoff Party (Friday) and camp parking info

Panthers_Lover

Note that parking near the stadium may be limited due to construction on campus, so alternatives are provided below. This is especially true on Friday, but also applicable throughout camp.

The Lowe's Kickoff Party and Mayors Ball Run - which includes the first training camp practice - will be Friday, July 31, at Gibbs Stadium on Wofford's campus.

Gates will open at 4:30 p.m. Entertainment by TopCats cheerleaders, mascot Sir Purr and the Black & Blue Crew, along with a “Two States-One Team” drumline showcase. Then, the Panthers will hold their first practice of summer training from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The events are free and open to the public.

Food trucks will offer a variety of fare for purchase, and there will be merchandise and souvenirs available as well.

Parking/Shuttle Options for Fans Attending Panthers Training Camp:

Wofford Campus Parking (throughout training camp):

• Free daily parking is available on the Wofford College campus adjacent to Gibbs Stadium via Cumming Street or Twitty Street from Pine Street

Friday, July 31, through Sunday, Aug. 2:

• Additional parking is available for Friday’s Lowe’s Kickoff Party at:
    • Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium (385 N. Church St.) – within walking distance to training camp
    • Spartanburg County Administration Building (366 N. Church St.) – after 5 p.m. Friday; within walking distance of training camp
    • The Village parking lot on the Wofford campus, located on the corner of Pearl Street and Osage Street (access from Pine Street to Pearl Street)
    • Calvary Baptist Church on North Church Street, located on the corner of Pearl Street and North Church Street (access from Pine Street to Pearl Street)
  • Additional parking and free round-trip shuttle service will be available from downtown Spartanburg Friday, July 31; Saturday, Aug. 1; and Sunday, Aug. 2. Training camp shuttles will board at 100 Dunbar St. in downtown. Service begins 2 hours before practice is scheduled to begin.

Daily Hub City Hopper Shuttle Service (beginning Monday, Aug. 3):

• The Hub City Hopper Shuttle will provide fans with a direct shuttle to and from downtown Spartanburg for convenient dining and shopping. The service runs daily from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fans can board the shuttle from the Twitty Street traffic circle adjacent to the main spectator entry gate with downtown pick up/drop off at 100 Dunbar St.

I'll be there. Actually taking my grandma with me. She looooooves Greg Olsen and is really psyched to go. I'm thinking of getting her an 88 jersey to make it extra special. 

I'll be the guy wearing a binocular case around my neck catching stares from all the hot girls who love my "burse."

Archived