• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DAY 4 - Training Camp Tweets

KB_fan

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• They must really believe in Penix is all I can say.
    • They definitely have to get better in the draft. My other big concern is whether this coaching staff has what it take to win some games. 
    • I thought his contract was fat to make it happen and no one really thought he would playout at least that 4th year, just a bonus year to make the numbers work while including the guaranteed money that made it happen. It could be his last contract and to me it reads as he has 2 years and then they will see what happens then at a higher then normal cost. That QB room and the owner/gm meeting room away from cameras too. Just depends on the personality types. Cousins is a old pro with a fat contract and a no trade clause. IT could blow up or be just fine this year. By next year that's when it ramps up. Cousins could get a trade done and find another spot to finish this contract. It's 35 mil dead cap to cut/trade him after year 2 and 12.5 mil dead cap after year 3. If Cousins wanted to play somewhere else then he could give that a try but either way after year 2 the team has options. If the rookie grows and is worth it at year three then even that dead cap would just be a normal QB pay outside the rookie wage scale. Looks like they may get 1 year of rookie pay advantage and then the option year if things go well for them so 3 years lost and 2 left.  They should have given a heads up to the owner, Cousins tho. They had plenty of time to say what the plan was. Cousins isn't young but it's still a trashy move when he just got there 2 months ago. That was also a rather big move considering the player and their needs. Just dumb way of doing it all IMO but I always get 'it was for a QB and you have to take shots when you see them'.