• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Star Wars The Old Republic

Sultan33g

I like deep MMOs, but they tend to be the unsuccessful ones. It seems that the internet crowd prefers a mix between Gauntlet and Sims now days. People used to take their time with classes and learn how to use them effectively, but now days it's all about grinding to the top fast and wasting away your life on raids.

I like deep MMOs, but they tend to be the unsuccessful ones. It seems that the internet crowd prefers a mix between Gauntlet and Sims now days. People used to take their time with classes and learn how to use them effectively, but now days it's all about grinding to the top fast and wasting away your life on raids.

I play MMOs mostly for PvP. Until someone manages to integrate story and varied PvE gameplay into an MMO like single player RPGs (KOTOR, Mass Effect) I'll stick to MMOs where the end game revolves around PvP. Unfortunately most games manage to turn that into a grind as well. What I'd give for DAOC RvR again circa 2002-2003 preTOA.

I'm the opposite, PvP has no interest for me. LOTRO has a PvP region but I have not been into it for over a year. I like solo quests and fellowing - huge raids take forever to setup and just don't seem as interesting to me but I am sure I will try one again.

LOTOR has a great integrated story line, called Books, that are independent of the leveling mechanism and get you involved with the LOTR story by aiding Gandalf and Aragorn, among others, with tasks related to the main story. The book quests are the most fun parts of the game IMO. I admit that the LOTR "lore" is what got me into the game, so it's probably not for everyone.

The next LOTRO expansion will let you lead NPCs as "troops", should be interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

Almost beta time.

Sign up for an opportunity to become a Star Wars: The Old Republic game tester. We will be selecting community members who have completed the Game Testing registration process and meet the specific requirements of the test. Those that are selected will gain access to the game and be able to provide valuable feedback for the Star Wars: The Old Republic Development Team.

http://www.swtor.com/tester

Archived