• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have the weapons...do you have the heart?

Wundrbread33

We are hardly the first team in the history of the NFL to lose a dominant receiver and go into the season.  Hell last year look at the 2 super bowl teams, lets start with the obvious in Seattle.  Seattle trotted out Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Ricardo Lockette and Luke Wilson at TE.  No one on gods green earth could argue that any of those 4 are more than a #2 in the NFL, and that could only really go for Baldwin, the rest are just pure garbage.  What's crazy is that wasn't the only team in the superbowl with garbage at receiver.  New England trotted out Brandon Lafell and Julien Edelman as their top 2 wide outs (that tandem is very comparable to what we very well might trot out) and Gronk.  I know you're thinking "But gronk is a dominant TE", but he only had 1,100 yards, and we had 1,000 from Greg, thats very comparable.

Fact of the matter, we are still FAR from finished, and the weapons we have can be used and used highly effectively.  I for one expect big things from Corey Brown this year.  One thought I wondered, if Shula had the creativity to do something like a 3 wide speed package with Brown, Ginn, and Byrd (should they decide to keep him on the active roster).  I'm not giving up, we've got a franchise QB and I truly believe he is ready to take that next step to elite status, we've got an elite defense that will be ready to go all guns blazing week one, We've still got the Core of our vets and Our return game is gonna improve greatly with Ginn on Punts and Todman on kickoffs.  Everyone needs to quit flipping out.

4tPcXby.jpg

My dude! Cam is the man and he is our QB. We always have a shot. Great points about other successful teams with mediocre WR's that made their living with their ground game and excellent D.

That still wins ball games folks. Running game, efficient passing, elite D.

Ask the Colts how that "elite passing attack" wins in the playoffs. Seems to me it leads to turnovers.

Lol Where are the real fans.  All these Debbie downers.  Yeah it suck KB is out but we have Cam fkn Newton. Threw over 4000 yrds his rookie year and runs like a great running back.  Greg Olsen, Luke Keucly, Thomas Davis, Johnathan Stewart and alot of other good players on this team.  You never know who will step up and be a star... I can't wait for the season to start.

Thanks for quoting three words. You are what makes the Huddle so great.

Those words summed up your entire post.  You are essentially saying we will win the South, someone will step up and take Benjamin's  spot, and we will go deep in the playoffs.  You think that "keep pounding" means that we have to avoid reality and blindly love our team and think we are going to the Super Bowl.

I mean, buddy, I love it for you, I wish I could think the way you do, in a simplistic, nothing bad ever happens sort of way, but I don't.  I'm human, just like the rest of the fanbase.  You want everyone to get on your nothing bad happens bandwagon and then utilize "keep pounding" like its your mantra for perfection.

Its not.  Sam Mills died, he kept pounding until the end.  And that's what it really means, keep working, keep trying, never give up.  In the grand scheme of things this season means nothing to our fanbase.  If we end up 4-12 or 12-4 is it going to affect you or are you going to come back next year just as excited and just as happy to be a fan?  That to me is what "keep pounding" means.  Yes KB's injury sucks, and yes we aren't as good a team without him and probably won't win as many games, but I'm going to keep watching, keep cheering, and come back next year just as excited, giving up on a season (albeit an extreme thought) is very different from giving up on the team.

You are what is wrong with the huddle, because you think because people don't think just like you then they aren't REAL fans.  I read your post in its entirety, and I posted the only words that really mattered from it, the rest was made up bs.

Those words summed up your entire post.  You are essentially saying we will win the South, someone will step up and take Benjamin's  spot, and we will go deep in the playoffs.  You think that "keep pounding" means that we have to avoid reality and blindly love our team and think we are going to the Super Bowl.

I mean, buddy, I love it for you, I wish I could think the way you do, in a simplistic, nothing bad ever happens sort of way, but I don't.  I'm human, just like the rest of the fanbase.  You want everyone to get on your nothing bad happens bandwagon and then utilize "keep pounding" like its your mantra for perfection.

Its not.  Sam Mills died, he kept pounding until the end.  And that's what it really means, keep working, keep trying, never give up.  In the grand scheme of things this season means nothing to our fanbase.  If we end up 4-12 or 12-4 is it going to affect you or are you going to come back next year just as excited and just as happy to be a fan?  That to me is what "keep pounding" means.  Yes KB's injury sucks, and yes we aren't as good a team without him and probably won't win as many games, but I'm going to keep watching, keep cheering, and come back next year just as excited, giving up on a season (albeit an extreme thought) is very different from giving up on the team.

You are what is wrong with the huddle, because you think because people don't think just like you then they aren't REAL fans.  I read your post in its entirety, and I posted the only words that really mattered from it, the rest was made up bs.

Now that was a much better post than your first. Instead of a quick pointless jab, you write this: a post with substance.

This I can respect. I respect your point of view, but I just see things differently.

Throughout my life, I have seen the impact attitude can have on people. I'm a believer that you can will things into happening.

I didn't know Sam Mills personally, but I'm sure when diagnosed, he didn't tell himself, "I'm done, all is lost, what is the point." Even if deep down he was worried, he seemed like the type of person to say, "I will beat this."

That does not make him a fortune teller, but a fighter and a person willing himself to a better outlook.

Now to address everything else being made up...do you not think we have a talented defense; a potential top 5 or top 10 squad?

Do you not think we have one of the best TE's in the game?

Do you not think our WR core is more balanced this year regarding having more speed at the position to stretch the field?

Do you not think our O-line is in better shape than last year?

Do you not think that Stewart will have a breakout year when he has showed he always produces unless he is hurt?

I'm not over here saying Byrd will make the team and be the next Steve Smith, I am just pointing out all the good qualities of this team that people abandoned once KB got hurt.

Keep being you, and I'll keep being me and I'm glad at the end that we both will keep pounding. 

Now that was a much better post than your first. Instead of a quick pointless jab, you write this: a post with substance.

This I can respect. I respect your point of view, but I just see things differently.

Throughout my life, I have seen the impact attitude can have on people. I'm a believer that you can will things into happening.

I didn't know Sam Mills personally, but I'm sure when diagnosed, he didn't tell himself, "I'm done, all is lost, what is the point." Even if deep down he was worried, he seemed like the type of person to say, "I will beat this."

That does not make him a fortune teller, but a fighter and a person willing himself to a better outlook.

Now to address everything else being made up...do you not think we have a talented defense; a potential top 5 or top 10 squad?

Do you not think we have one of the best TE's in the game?

Do you not think our WR core is more balanced this year regarding having more speed at the position to stretch the field?

Do you not think our O-line is in better shape than last year?

Do you not think that Stewart will have a breakout year when he has showed he always produces unless he is hurt?

I'm not over here saying Byrd will make the team and be the next Steve Smith, I am just pointing out all the good qualities of this team that people abandoned once KB got hurt.

Keep being you, and I'll keep being me and I'm glad at the end that we both will keep pounding. 

I think our defense gave up a lot of points last year and weren't that great in the redzone.  I think we made it to the playoffs solely due to being in a poor division.  I think almost, if not all our wins last year were against teams with .500 or lower record.  I do think we improved over the offseason in several areas, but I believe that we do not have a very high margin for error to be successful.

Can we make the playoffs and win the NFC South?  Absolutely.  Did I think we would prior to KB's injury?  Yes, yes I did. Do I think are chances are much tougher after his injury?  Certainly.  Take the top WR off any team in the league and they will undoubtedly struggle.  

I'm not advocating giving up on the season, but what I do believe in is supporting this team and cheering for them each Sunday.  That doesn't mean I have to agree with them or think everything is going to turn out ok.  But I will be back, I won't give up, and anybody who supports this team through thick and thin is ok in my book.

I think our defense gave up a lot of points last year and weren't that great in the redzone.  I think we made it to the playoffs solely due to being in a poor division.  I think almost, if not all our wins last year were against teams with .500 or lower record.  I do think we improved over the offseason in several areas, but I believe that we do not have a very high margin for error to be successful.

Can we make the playoffs and win the NFC South?  Absolutely.  Did I think we would prior to KB's injury?  Yes, yes I did. Do I think are chances are much tougher after his injury?  Certainly.  Take the top WR off any team in the league and they will undoubtedly struggle.  

I'm not advocating giving up on the season, but what I do believe in is supporting this team and cheering for them each Sunday.  That doesn't mean I have to agree with them or think everything is going to turn out ok.  But I will be back, I won't give up, and anybody who supports this team through thick and thin is ok in my book.

Great post. Sorry for the way I responded to your first one. Losing KB certainly hurts. I just want him to take his time recovering so this does not impact his career like what happens to some players. Such a bright future for the kid.

Archived