• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith's son thinks we should make a trade for a certain WR before the deadline

RelaxImaPro

You sir are exactly the type I am talking about.  Steve Smith is in a whole other category then any other panther we gave ridiculous contracts.  We are talking about the greatest panther of all time here. So don't try and group him in with any other players period. Not to mention he is still playing at an extremely high level. Answer this, if we traded for him would we be a better team yes or no?

well then, as a fan, I'll get on it , and do everything in my power to get Steve Smith back on the Panthers. As God as my witness Steve Smith will play another game in an all black uniform. With the panther logo at the 50!

*REMEMBER ARIZONA!!!!

And to answer question, no I don't. He will bitch as soon as Cam throws to other receivers.

"Ice up son" isn't even a top five Steve Smith quote tbh. 

3 out of the top 5 quotes on their list were made up of him as a Raven... if that tells you anything.

The other one was the Janoris Jenkins thing, so nothing before 2013.

Lmao at the stupid fuging idea of 3 of his top 5 quotes in his 15 year career coming from his 1 1/2 years with the Ravens.

Smitty still has a year left on his contract after this season. If he does retire, Baltimore will still have his rights and it might be a few years before they relinquish that right to him, making it impossible to sign a 1-day contract to retire as a Panther.

Thanks for the info.

Thats a bit of a bummer. Wonder if that will be a sticking point? Maybe so, just business. Don't think he or us will mind waiting a year to retire a panther. Might just add some nostalgia that makes for a good ceremony.  

I'm currently leading a team of doctors to determine how a grown man, middle of the day, in a downpour of biblical proportions, sitting in a lawn chair can fall asleep next to a gear pump running at about 90 decibels and still not wake up until there's a couple thousand gallons on the ground.

Then there's the dumb ass coil tubing crew that decided to wait until they were in knee deep water and mud before throwing on tire chains. Only to discover none of them knew how to put on tire chains. It went like this:

"None of you put on tire chains?"

"No"

"Never thought to practice?"

"No"

"Before you lost your virginity, did you go for a dry run?"

"Yeah!" His enthusiasm scared me.

"You don't see how that's related do you?"

"No."

In 5 years it will be a funny memory bro. :)

The bad lands are a fun place when you are back in normal world. Not fun at the time I give you . 

All the people shitting on him here would be the same ones crying tears of joy if we brought him back. The huddle is too damn sensitive and emotional

I don't understand why Panther fans wouldn't want this..he was the one on the sideline talking to Cam right until he left..he was the one defending him in the media..he was the leader in that organization..

It's not about not wanting him back. It's about DG, he's moved on. No way we trade for him. But if he wants to come back next year and DG does it, then and only then, would I question why anybody wouldn't want him back. Of course, I think Cam has enough clout now to be the final yea or nay.

Gottdamn it!! 

Well..my bubble burst..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000563391/article/report-ravens-wont-trade-steve-smith

Steve Smith reportedly won't be traded by Ravens

Steve Smith's son recently took to Twitter, suggesting the undefeated Panthers should trade all of their wide receivers to Baltimore so his dad could have a homecoming in Carolina.

Aside from the rather obvious caveat that Smith took a metaphorical blowtorch to the Panthers' front office last October, it's a swap that makes a lot of sense.

The 1-5 Ravens have just a 2.4 percent chance of reaching the postseason, per Football Outsiders' playoff odds. The undefeated Panthers, meanwhile, are at 89.3 percent.Who wouldn't want to see one of the most successful postseason performers in NFL history playing in January with a chance to bolster his already strong Hall of Fame case?

Carolina's most glaring weakness is at wide receiver, where the drop-prone trio of Ted Ginn, Corey Brown and Devin Funchess lacks physicality and the ability to come down with the ball in traffic.

Baltimore's brass, apparently.

The Ravens are unlikely to trade Smith, Yahoo's Eric Edholm reports. In fact, Edholm adds, the team is more likely to try to convince the 36-year-old to put off retirement and return for the 2016 season.

"If you see this face..."

When he asked DJ why he was talking to the media instead of watching film

"You don't think I'm one of the best?  You better check your reference!"

“Hey, I know you feel like crap. I mean, you’re not a very handsome guy anyway, so. But, the performer, the quarterback … I never really liked you as a quarterback. But as a person, that’s who I love. I love you as a person.”

"I got a new pair of shoes and my momma gave me a kiss today, I'm feeling great!"

"Hell they might as well put my momma out there now.....and I'm a beat her like a drum too"

I mean seriously....if you think Ice up son is the best....educate yourself 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBdaHiUz1DU

Archived