• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Local sports radio is awful

Zod

They have been on the air for awhile. there must be a reason for their success because they are still on the air. It not the bible for sports but its ok to keep a pulse on the local sports if you dont get the paper or sirius radio.

I use to listen to Pete Franklin on WWWE as a kid in Ohio. Everything else pales in comparison.

Lack of competition is probably a big reason why they're still around. For local info, what else is there?

As a station, they've chosen to cater to the idiotic "Jim Rome" type fans, and as a result a significant portion of their on air "talent" are just as moronic as their callers.

Maybe if they had local competition, they'd be better, but it's pretty rare for there to be more than one "sports station" in a given area.

Maybe if they had local competition, they'd be better, but it's pretty rare for there to be more than one "sports station" in a given area.

We have three stations here in Raleigh. 850 the buzz is horrible. 620 has one good host - Bomani Jones. 99.9 the fan has some pretty good local shows, but they just partnered up with espn radio so I don't know whats going to happen there.

The Whack Attack is the worst. I do not know how that dumb clown keeps a job. He is garbage. Of course the Pac Man show is going to be mostly rednecks. While I think Gary in the morning is the most insightful of the bunch. WFNZ is basically a message board with sound and the gayest host ever(Chris McClain).

Archived