• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Local sports radio is awful

Zod

I can only imagine how was it is this week, what with all the fashion issues your team and fans are having...:banghead:

Radio host:...Okay now let's go to Randy in Kannapolis...Hi Randy you're on the air..

Caller: < long pause...heavy mouth breathing> ...Hey...this is Randy... thanks fer taking my call. Wut jersey is tha panthers wearin'? I heerd it wuz the black ones. Someone also says theys wearin' the double naught secret black helmits. You hear anything 'bout that?

Wuz thinkin bout dyin my back hair reel bright blue. But I heerd it's spose ta snow.

Ah'll hang up and listen off tha air.

12tv_mynameisearl.jpg

:smilielol5:

You know I kid...because I care.

Is it just me or does every caller the programs choose to put on the air sound like they struggle to complete a coherent sentence much less pose a question or comment worthy of discussion?

60-70% of the time wfnz is purely comedic entertainment value. There is only so much sports to go around and each show just rehashes the previous topics. I only listen during the nfl season and like to hear the opinions of the panther players past and present.

I can only imagine how was it is this week, what with all the fashion issues your team and fans are having...:banghead:

Radio host:...Okay now let's go to Randy in Kannapolis...Hi Randy you're on the air..

Caller: < long pause...heavy mouth breathing> ...Hey...this is Randy... thanks fer taking my call. Wut jersey is tha panthers wearin'? I heerd it wuz the black ones. Someone also says theys wearin' the double naught secret black helmits. You hear anything 'bout that?

Wuz thinkin bout dyin my back hair reel bright blue. But I heerd it's spose ta snow.

Ah'll hang up and listen off tha air.

12tv_mynameisearl.jpg

:smilielol5:

You know I kid...because I care.

I'll give ya credit.........that's pretty funny.

Szoke isn't bad...

I really miss Bill Rozinski, if we bitch enough we can at least get someone else.....mayybe...I wonder what Mark Richardson thinks about Mick....or Jerry for that mater...I doubt they'd ever bring back Rozinski but we could look for someone else....send Mixon back to Chapel Hill already!!

I don't understand why a person who likes the panthers enough to call in after the games would be so stupid, I mean if you are interested in the panthers enough to call and discuss the panthers I think you would at least be well informed enough to ask a decent question

thank god for the huddle, none of my friends enjoy the panthers enough to talk discussion unless they are doing well, or if they are, they are so uninformed it's no fun to talk because i don't want to sound like a know-it-all, it feels good to have a place to discuss such matters

60-70% of the time wfnz is purely comedic entertainment value. There is only so much sports to go around and each show just rehashes the previous topics. I only listen during the nfl season and like to hear the opinions of the panther players past and present.

Disagree. Other stations' shows manage just fine.

Probably about the only thing I miss about Ohio is that their sports radio was actually about sports, not the on air personalities making idiots of themselves.

WFNZ isn't "comedic". It's pathetic. Very little of what they put on the air is actually funny. It's just ignorant.

Morning Sports Page is about the only program I've heard that's worth anything. They could fire the entire bunch that mans the rest of the shows (including Packer) and hire complete radio amateurs without losing any program quality. It's that bad.

As to the reason why the callers are predominantly idiots, it's because that's what the shows encourage. There are plenty of knowledgeable sports fans out there, but the shows look for the callers that make the biggest morons of themselves instead. What's even more pathetic is these guys actually seem to think being on the radio and acting like a jackass makes them somehow "famous" :rolleyes:

Outside of the interviews with actual athletes, the station is largely worthless (and even some of those are done so badly it's almost embarrassing).

Disagree. Other stations' shows manage just fine.

Probably about the only thing I miss about Ohio is that their sports radio was actually about sports, not the on air personalities making idiots of themselves.

WFNZ isn't "comedic". It's pathetic. Very little of what they put on the air is actually funny. It's just ignorant.

Morning Sports Page is about the only program I've heard that's worth anything. They could fire the entire bunch that mans the rest of the shows (including Packer) and hire complete radio amateurs without losing any program quality. It's that bad.

As to the reason why the callers are predominantly idiots, it's because that's what the shows encourage. There are plenty of knowledgeable sports fans out there, but the shows look for the callers that make the biggest morons of themselves instead. What's even more pathetic is these guys actually seem to think being on the radio and acting like a jackass makes them somehow "famous" :rolleyes:

Outside of the interviews with actual athletes, the station is largely worthless (and even some of those are done so badly it's almost embarrassing).

They have been on the air for awhile. there must be a reason for their success because they are still on the air. It not the bible for sports but its ok to keep a pulse on the local sports if you dont get the paper or sirius radio.

I use to listen to Pete Franklin on WWWE as a kid in Ohio. Everything else pales in comparison.

Archived