• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Haters Don't Understand about Cam Newton

OneBadCat

So all of us real fans here understand how great of player Cam is and is continuing to be. He has upped his game to new levels that we had previously seen only flashes of. 

But one thing that grinds my gears is the continued narrative that Cam is not a cerebral QB. I think it's a load of BS and if Cam wasn't as athletic as he is he would still be a great QB. Probably Flacco-esque.

He makes the right reads, audibles and consistently looks off defenders. Opposing fans are quick to judge #1 because of all of his rushing stats and short yardage plays. 

But here's what these morons don't understand. The objective is to win the game. Not pass the ball to increase his 3rd down passer rating and impress fat ass madden couch quarterbacks around the nation.

When you are 6'5, 240lbs and as fast as Cam is. Sometimes the most effective and efficient  play is to tuck it and run. It's the smart play that wins the game. This why Cam is unique and hard to defend. Because he can do this and be a great passing QB on top of that.

Anyway I needed to rant this out because it's been pissing me off. Keep Pounding, love y'all.

2 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

So all of us real fans here understand how great of player Cam is and is continuing to be. He has upped his game to new levels that we had previously seen only flashes of. 

But one thing that grinds my gears is the continued narrative that Cam is not a cerebral QB. I think it's a load of BS and if Cam wasn't as athletic as he is he would still be a great QB. Probably Flacco-esque.

He makes the right reads, audibles and consistently looks off defenders. Opposing fans are quick to judge #1 because of all of his rushing stats and short yardage plays. 

But here's what these morons don't understand. The objective is to win the game. Not pass the ball to increase his 3rd down passer rating and impress fat ass madden couch quarterbacks around the nation.

When you are 6'5, 240lbs and as fast as Cam is. Sometimes the most effective and efficient  play is to tuck it and run. It's the smart play that wins the game. This why Cam is unique and hard to defend. Because he can do this and be a great passing QB on top of that.

Anyway I needed to rant this out because it's been pissing me off. Keep Pounding, love y'all.

I don't know where you have been hearing that he isn't a cerebral QB. This narrative you speak of is coming from couch coaches in the comments section of ESPN and NFL.com. That certainly isn't the consensus among analysts and former players this year. 

In a nutshell, this thread belongs in 2014. 

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

I don't know where you have been hearing that he isn't a cerebral QB. This narrative you speak of is coming from couch coaches in the comments section of ESPN and NFL.com. That certainly isn't the consensus among analysts and former players this year. 

In a nutshell, this thread belongs in 2014. 

He's just now getting respect. But yeah I'm basically talking about the dumbass fans around the league that dont know Cam. Look no further than the "What blank fans are saying" threads. They all say the same crap each week.  Then their team gets owned.  

I'm just wondering how much longer the excuses will hold up.

Archived