• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My prediction for Sunday

Mr. Scot

Zod has a point. Tampa was just as feared against the run prior to that Monday game. Nobody foresaw us running on Tampa the way we did.

Honestly, it has as much to do with the Big Uglies as it does the backs. They ae really coming into their own (which is why I hope Vincent is a go on Sunday night).

Around midnight, whether for positive or negative, this forum will be overreaction central.

There will either be proclamations of greatness or calls to bench/cut/fire any player or coach who could be seen as a scapegoat.

That's about the only prediction I feel comfortable making :rolleyes:

You're really going out on a limb there. LOL. Every team's message board that I've ever been to have the same general positive and negative reactions whether it be a win or a loss. This board is no different. You have your "blind homers", you have your "over reactors", and you have the in between crowd.

I predict Smash and Dash (part duex) has a bit of a rude awakening running against the Giants. Running wild on Tampa and Denver is one thing but do it against the Giants then color me impressed.

What (unwanted) object crawled up your ass prissy boy.

Sorry we aren't in pepetual hate like most of Philly's fans:prrr:

One other note: The late season collapse was an annual event with Coughlin's Giants prior to last season. Last year they avoided it. This season, it's looked like it was back the past few weeks. A lot will turn on this week for them. Naturally it's better for us if they return to their prior practices rather than repeating last year's feat.

We'll see what happens.

Zod has a point. Tampa was just as feared against the run prior to that Monday game. Nobody foresaw us running on Tampa the way we did.

Honestly, it has as much to do with the Big Uglies as it does the backs. They ae really coming into their own (which is why I hope Vincent is a go on Sunday night).

Please, who feared Tampa against the run? Maybe the NFC south? I remember looking at and teams like Arizona, 49ers had better run defenses. Hell, Jamal Charles form the Chiefs ran for over 100 agains them. They may have been a solid defense but feared!!!!???? That is laughable.

What (unwanted) object crawled up your ass prissy boy.

Sorry we aren't in pepetual hate like most of Philly's fans:prrr:

Nothing at all, I just stated that I believe facing a top 5 run defense may be harder to run against than a top 25 or top 30 defense. Who knows, they may succeed and if they do, I will be impressed.

Please, who feared Tampa against the run? Maybe the NFC south? I remember looking at and teams like Arizona, 49ers had better run defenses. Hell, Jamal Charles form the Chiefs ran for over 100 agains them. They may have been a solid defense but feared!!!!???? That is laughable.

IMO, the only feared defenses in the league are Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

then there are a number of Solid Defenses: Carolina, Dallas, Giants, Philly, Tampa.

Again, one rushing TD only up till they met us.

All the talk leading up to the game was about how much trouble we'd have running against their D, and that was with us already having a solid run game or two under our belts. For that matter, during the game a constant theme from Jaworski and the rest of the crew was how this sort of thing was "not supposed to happen" to Tampa.

Are the Giants actually better than Tampa was supposed to be? Don't know, but Sunday will go a long way toward answering that question.

Archived