• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, who's your pick?

davos

Going by driver:

Mark Martin - The sentimental favorite but every time he's in this spot, something always goes wrong. This season, he's been more of a boom or bust driver, either finishing up front or getting involved in an accident. Maybe this year, the racing gods may reward him for suffering many years of bad luck, but then again....

Tony Stewart - He reminds me of Kyle Busch last season. All those great performances during the first 26 races but everything went wrong when it counted. His recent performances is a red flag that they have lost the edge at the worst possible time. That, or they're sandbagging it.

Denny Hamlin - He's on a roll since the Pocono win. With Kyle out of the picture, that only means more resources to Hamlin. This may be the best chance for him to win it all if things go right.

Kasey Kahne - Hasn't shown he can consistenly run in the top 5 every week. Top 15 finishes in the Chase will get him nowhere.

Jeff Gordon - I give him the edge over Jimme right now but Gordon has to win races here and I'm worried about his physical condition, especially if he's in another bad crash.

Jimmie Johnson - The safe pick. Yet, his recent finishes worry me. Then again, he tends to be the Anti-Mark, getting ridiculous luck during the Chase. Won't be surprised if he does it again.

Kurt Busch - Have to control his temper under pressure and not push the car so hard and put it in the wall. Otherwise, he's been very good at the speedways so the key for him is get a handle on the other tracks.

Brian Vickers - Impressed he ran well at Richmond, a track he hadn't found much success at. Still, the question is whether the team overachived during the stretch just to get in the Chase and now will have nothing left. If he can run like they do in the speedways and find a way to get good finishes at other tracks, they have a small outside chance.

Carl Edwards - Nope. Fords have looked lost since February. If they hadn't found a way to fix the car by now...

Ryan Newman - See Kasey Kahne

Juan Montoya - The outfit has shown flashes of excellence (see Truex with the poles) but only two top fives the whole season? That's not going to cut it.

Greg Biffle - See Carl Edwards

actually looking at it....If Martin can finish well at New Hampshire and survives Dega, he has a very good shot at winning this thing.

Martin has about an average finish of 12th at the rest of the tracks besides NH nd Dega

Stewart might hit a few rough tracks with not having great luck at Dover or Kansas

JJ has the best average at the rest of the tracks, which is probably why he has won so many titles during the Chase Era

I would say this could come down to three men at homestead, kinda reminds you the year it was between Kulwicki, Elliot, and Allison settled the title at Atlanta in the early 90s

My thoughts after Lousy (yes, that's not a typo)

Mark Martin - Good, he won. Now, are you teasing us like usual before you collapse in the end or is this finally the year?

Denny Hamlin - Held serve at a track he usually does well at. Now let me see you do well at the next two tracks since you average finishes there are in the 20s.

Jimmy Johnson - He's lurking, as usual, ready to pounce.

Juan Montoya - Good job not only getting the pole but almost getting the win. Let's see you do it again to prove it wasn't a one shot deal.

Kurt Busch - Good start. Keep that nose clean.

Tony Stewart - Ran well but didn't finish where they should have.

Ryan Newman - Needs Top 5s, not Top 10's. At least he led a lap.

Brian Vickers - Didn't lead a lap when many Chase drivers did.

Greg Biffle - Blah

Jeff Gordon - Ditto

Carl Edwards - Thanks for coming. Goodbye.

Kasey Kahne - Ditto .

Thoughts after Dover:

Mark Martin - To think he could go on the rest of the season without any misfortune and still lose to...

Jimmie Johnson - Anyone have anything for this team? Anyone? Hello?

Juan Montoya - Got to win on a speedway somehow to get those bonus points.

Kurt Busch - Give him a better chance than Montoya but just slightly.

Tony Stewart - He got hot at the wrong time. Now he's back to top 10's only. If he can't win at Kansas (or otherwise have Jimmy/Martin have bad luck), he's all but done.

Denny Hamlin - Got to a track he sucks at and...he sucked. Too bad.

Ryan Newman - This was his best chance to win to have a chance but no dice.

Jeff Gordon - His car isn't consistent enough during the race to succeed.

Greg Biffle - Winning car my...

Brian Vickers - Yep. All that effort to get into the chase for nothing.

Carl Edwards - You knew you had no chance, right? Right?

Well, that's all of them...

Kasey Kahne - Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there...

Looks like Khane is being screwed by an engine dept thats on its way out since the team merged with Yates and is switching to Fords. That engine he had today was a time bomb and thats probably what he is going to have for the next nine weeks.
The head of the engine/chassis dept. was fired the week of Richmond. In an interview this week, Kasey said he doesn't know beyond Kenny Francis who to talk to about the car now. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah. If they can't get this poo straight soon, I can't wait for 2010 to be over so he can jump on over to Stewart-Haas...

Archived