• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting QBs drafted since 2006

unicar15

I'll give Delhomme the 03-05 seasons because we did go to the NFC Championship in 05. But that is when I stop giving him credit and start looking for a capable replacement for the future (which could be now). Remember that we have NEVER had a capable backup so what would have been the trouble in drafting one of these guys?

2005: (This is the one that hurt us the most IMO b/c we wasted a pick on Stefan LeFors when we could have had Orton, Anderson, or Cassel)

Rodgers

Orton

Anderson

Cassel

2006: (not Young b/c I never liked him and think he's terrible)

Leinart

Cutler

2007:

Quinn

Stanton

Edwards

Thigpin

2008:

Ryan

Flacco

Henne

2009: Stafford was untouchable and going into the draft we didn't have enough to trade up to get Sanchez. But IMO we hurt ourselves even more whenever we gave up our first rounder this year. With guys like Bradford, Snead, The Golden Calf of Bristol, and McCoy (who reminds me of Phillip Rivers) all probably coming out this year...why trade that pick? We are going to end up going hunting for a QB in the second round HOPEFULLY instead of getting one of those 4 guys who are all IMO future NFL STUDS.

The best case scenario IMO is if The Golden Calf of Bristol falls to the second round and we ****** him up but I don't see that happening. He is just too damn good of a football player.

no he will drop...alot of nfl teams dont like him because they think he isnt a nfl caliber pocket passer...time will tell!

The best case scenario IMO is if The Golden Calf of Bristol falls to the second round and we ****** him up but I don't see that happening. He is just too damn good of a football player.

No 1st rounder(unless they trade into it) makes the best choice of McCoy or Bradford hard to get. Juice Williams should be available in the 2nd, Matt Grothe and Tony Pike in the 3-5th range, Tim Hiller or Dan LeFevour will be available in the mid rounds.

Archived