• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One game..

Samuel L. Jackson

Jake doesn't appear to be able to move on. He keeps repeating history. :rolleyes:

meh... He's had his moments... But we've known that ever since he's been here...

It's a love/hate relationship... If he goes out there and blows the Falcons into oblivion single handedly, do you not think you'd change the way you feel?

I'm not a Jake apologist by any means at all, but for the overall health of the team, I am in full agreement at this point that he should remain the starter...

That isn't to say another bad game or two in a row won't change my feelings, but honestly, if the answer was on our roster, it would be a lot more clear than it is right now...

It's a love/hate relationship... If he goes out there and blows the Falcons into oblivion single handedly, do you not think you'd change the way you feel?

Nope, certainly would not because he isn't dependable in the manner his position demands.

I would compliment him on a superb game if that happened, but change how I feel, and what I think needs to be done for this team to improve at the QB position, over just accepting mediocrity........noway.

we the fans should never have a love/hate relationship with our QB..that right there tells you that he isnot good enough week after week to be a starting QB for our franchise..

But how long does the situation have to exist for you to accept it?

The Panthers know this just as much as you and I do... but they believe in him enough that the situation remains the same...

One game does not define a team...

One game is not an indicator of what is to come...

One game is not the end of a season...

One game will not make me lose sight of the big picture...

These are the Panthers... a team which I have been with from the beginning... and nothing, not even another 1-15 season, could change that...

Wear your pride in your heart, and not on your sleeve... Stop giving up on our staff and players... If you don't want to be a fan of the current state of affairs, then so be it... But don't let ONE GAME get you so down!

Come Sunday afternoon, I'll be where I always am, right there rooting on my boys... No matter who's in the game, as long as they wear that uniform, they are my everything for those 3 hours a week...

Here's to a complete turnaround, 15 wins in a row, and a path of annihilation through the playoffs and in the big game!!!

i agree with what you're saying but if you actually said it like samuel l. jackson you might be more convincing.

I don't think anyone here is basing their dissatisfaction of of the 2.5 quarters this past Sunday alone.

I do agree we will have better outings this year and ALL is not lost but we have issues and I am encouraged that things will begin to change and anxious for that process to start.

As a rule this franchise has been more than loyal to all who have been a part here including Jake Delhomme. We are not cutting ties we are running a business and we are trying to succeed.

Please don't look down your nose at those who are frustrated while wrapping yourself in a big bright blue Panther flag. What you say is true Sam but it doesn't force anyone to be happy with the situation or feel wrong for not agreeing with you.

i agree with this as well. i think the problem is in people that go to one extreme or another. there is only one extreme that i see prevalent this week, though, and it is the one that says because the team has looked horrible since it's last game in january that the team is from now on going to be nothing but sucky, that it is all down hill from here until the whole thing burns down.

most of the ones that haven't given up fully recognize that the team is having some serious problems. i think where the difference is we believe enough in the strengths of this team that they can rise above where they are and get things fixed.

the real evidence is going to be in the next few weeks. the team has too much on the line as far as jobs and money to let it get out of hand. they have what it takes to turn things around. we just have to see if they can.

i don't expect the game in atlanta to be night and day different from this past week. i do expect it to be better and improvements made.

Just to play Devil's Advocate: What about two games?

(You can probably guess the other game I'm referring to.)

Exactly...

... Anyone can move forward from past failures, including these players that we hold in such high regards... They are, afterall, human just like us...

42.5mil with 20 of that guaranteed. I disagree---human yes, BoJangles cashier accountability---no. We've failed to address the key offensive position and now, dare I say "we've been caught with our pants down".

You're not the only one that's been a fan since the first snap, but being a fan doesn't mean pulling for someone just beacuse they're wearing a Panthers jersey.

If the coaching doesn't step up we can lose a lot more. If everyone is talking about how dominant your run game is or your o-line or your front four better believe the NFL will figure it out and may even share notes.

At some point last year the weakness in our o-line was figured out. They also figured out that Jake makes bad decisions under pressure, otherwise he is an outstanding player. They now all have the blueprint to take away the line and the QB.

Is our coaching staff up to figuring out how to counter? If not it will be more than one game, kinda like 1997 when the whole NFL figured out our 3-4 D and it along with Dom Capers became useless.

Archived