• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Going out on a limb...

unicar15

Jake tosses it for 220 yards, one TD, no INTs in a win over the Falcons. The guy is definitely not the answer for the future but I think that he can at least get back to managing the game. Lets face it...the Falcons are nowhere near the Eagles in terms of defense. Our running game will set up a lot for us in this game IMO...

It's only one game, but...........Atlanta’s defense held the Dolphins scoreless for three quarters and 11:39 into the fourth quarter. Biermann and Abraham both had two sacks. Pennington had only 176 in the air, 1TD and 1 INT. Run game? Dolphins had a total of 96 yards and only 4 yards in total from the Wildcat package.

Does this mean the Dolphins aren't as good as advertised, or the Falcons are better than advertised? We'll see I reckon.

Jake threw for a lot of yards on the Falcons last year and had one of his best games of the season in the first game.

If he can come out without the "gunslinger" mentality and be content to check down a lot then I think we will be ok. We are going to get some rushing yards on them...I have a feeling the OL is going to be out to prove something.

I think Jake has his last good throwing game in Atlanta last year. If you remember...he hit his arm on a helmet or something (can't recall) and was shaking it. The game was in hand at that point, but from that game on...when we were required to rely on Jake's arm to beat a team...we lost. When we dominated the O-line and ran well...obviously we won. I think he was hurt. I honestly don't think that Jake makes it through 2 route progressions before chunking the ball. He's just the opposite of Trent Edwards in that regard.

I think Jake has his last good throwing game in Atlanta last year. If you remember...he hit his arm on a helmet or something (can't recall) and was shaking it. The game was in hand at that point, but from that game on...when we were required to rely on Jake's arm to beat a team...we lost. When we dominated the O-line and ran well...obviously we won. I think he was hurt.

you're combining like 2 games from two different seasons three years apart here

would you like me to reassemble this into something sensical for you?

you're combining like 2 games from two different seasons three years apart here

would you like me to reassemble this into something sensical for you?

No...his attempts dropped by nearly a 1/3rd after the Atlanta loss.

Like I said...go rewatch that game...he hit his arm on something/someone and never really got back into the 30+ attempts and nothing like the zip he had in the beginning of the season.

No...his attempts dropped by nearly a 1/3rd after the Atlanta loss.

you're talking about the loss to Atlanta in 2009?

and holy poo you're judging this on attempts?

you really think the fact they threw more in a game where they were trailing the entire time than they did in subsequent games where they were leading for most of the times indicates jake got hurt?

do you not understand that you generally throw more when you're losing?

especially when the other team jumps out to a two score lead?

Jake tosses it for 220 yards, one TD, no INTs in a win over the Falcons. The guy is definitely not the answer for the future but I think that he can at least get back to managing the game. Lets face it...the Falcons are nowhere near the Eagles in terms of defense. Our running game will set up a lot for us in this game IMO...

I think if jeff davidson can get his head out of his own ass we might see more runs to take the pressure off an already fragile delhomme.

Archived