• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I still believe in Jake...

CatMan72

Despite everything we've seen in the last two games, I've decided to continue to believe in Jake. Two bad games doesn't erase all the good things he's done over the years. Jake's a veteran and we know how much upside he has, so there's no reason to think he can't turn this thing around.

This team has enough talent to help compensate for Jake while he gets out of this funk. Remember the McNabb benching last year? McNabb wasn't taking care of the football, and got benched for it. It was a wakeup call for him and he came back as good as ever.

I'd imagine Jake will go into the game this week with the mindset that he will take care of the ball. This team is good enough that we really just need someone to manage the game under center. I'd hope the Panthers are designing a game plan this week to take some of the pressure off Jake and instead rely on the running game and the defense.

Anyhow, sorry for this rambling post but I think it's easy to lose perspective and assume all is lost after two bad games in a row. Anyone remember how bad the Giants looked in the beginning of the season when they ended up winning the SB?

Hang in there Panther nation...

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. "

I like Jake. He plays the game the way it should be played and will go down as one of my favorite Panthers of alltime. However, NFL seasons are short and it really doesn't matter how nice he is, what kind of leader he is, or how much coaches and teammates like him when he doesn't get it done on the field.

I feel like he has until the bye to prove to us that these last two games were a fluke. Even if we lose he needs to play much better or people will be gathering up their pitchforks and torches and heading to his house. I feel like he will play better and be more careful with his passes (which could be bad) and I don't think he will be spectacular this sunday but I do feel he will be efficient.

Archived