• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets interested in Dwight!!!

bLACKpANTHER

46 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Unless Houston doesn't want to be stuck with Howard's 23 mill player option next season I have no idea how you guys can possibly put together a package for Howard, and I think Howard's garbage. 

Batum is nice but if you're trading for someone like Howard you're definitely keeping Batum. 

Good luck 

If they really thought they could keep Dwight the offer would have been much greater.

1 minute ago, cbarrier90 said:

If they really thought they could keep Dwight the offer would have been much greater.

Houston is obviously not going anywhere this year so they may as well try to get a draft pick or two. I just think they'd be able to get something for Howard player wise as well. 

Guess we'll see, I hope you guys pull it off and get him or someone for that matter. Same goes for the Raptors, I'd like to see them grab Thaddeus Young. I don't want to see Cleveland have a cake walk to another Finals.

Just have a feeling this trade isn't going down.  I don't think it will be long though before we attract a superstar. Cam has sort of served as a model on how to maximize the charlotte market to other stars. I think other star talent will be encouraged by how the region has stood behind Cam.  Personally, I have mixed emotions about this trade. It would be really exciting. But investing our future for a guy who might have 2 good seasons left in his prime? I don't know.

29 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Just have a feeling this trade isn't going down.  I don't think it will be long though before we attract a superstar. Cam has sort of served as a model on how to maximize the charlotte market to other stars. I think other star talent will be encouraged by how the region has stood behind Cam.  Personally, I have mixed emotions about this trade. It would be really exciting. But investing our future for a guy who might have 2 good seasons left in his prime? I don't know.

Howard actually WANTS to play here, it's not that, it's Houston wanting too much for someone that no one else values THAT much.  

3 hours ago, CCS said:

Since Howard wants to play in CLT wouldn't it make more sense to just keep the draft picks and sign him in the offseason?

It would, but I think on Howard's end a play like that is solely to maximize his offseason value with a coach that would basically be running 2009 Orlando Magic 2.0 as opposed to Harden iso ball.

I could foresee a situation this offseason where he ends up overestimating his offseason market value and then signing a player-friendly deal with a team like Charlotte where he can rejuvenate his career and cash in on what would be probably his last major contract, similar to what we tried with Lance.

15 hours ago, cbarrier90 said:

It would, but I think on Howard's end a play like that is solely to maximize his offseason value with a coach that would basically be running 2009 Orlando Magic 2.0 as opposed to Harden iso ball.

I could foresee a situation this offseason where he ends up overestimating his offseason market value and then signing a player-friendly deal with a team like Charlotte where he can rejuvenate his career and cash in on what would be probably his last major contract, similar to what we tried with Lance.

the cap is gunna jump in the offseason..

no one thinks Howard is a MAX-player and they are right.. but he will still get MAX-money from someone. he won't be coming here on a "player friendly deal".. if we want him, and it seems like we do, we will have to pay for him.. good thing though is Al and Marvin are coming off the books and the cap is jumping so we could throw MAX money at him.. it pains me to think we would possibly do that, but someone will..

On 2/19/2016 at 7:50 AM, bLACKpANTHER said:

the cap is gunna jump in the offseason..

no one thinks Howard is a MAX-player and they are right.. but he will still get MAX-money from someone. he won't be coming here on a "player friendly deal".. if we want him, and it seems like we do, we will have to pay for him.. good thing though is Al and Marvin are coming off the books and the cap is jumping so we could throw MAX money at him.. it pains me to think we would possibly do that, but someone will..

Max money for Howard is $30 million per. I'm very much good on that.

Archived