• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kemba the Super-Star?

Jakob

Missed last night's game but saw he dropped 30+ again.  He's taken his game to another level and been fun as hell to watch.

One of his biggest demons has been his inconsistency... it looks likes he's finally starting to iron that out some, and if that's the case he is a legitimate great player.  Let's just hope it stays that way.

He's still a young player who has yet to even hit his prime.  I don't ever see him being a top 5 player or anything, but he could break that top 15 threshold which I'd be fine with.

18 minutes ago, carolina-chuck2 said:

He's a star in CLT. A rising star (not superstar) in the NBA. 

Give me a good playoffs and another consistent or better year, he could be along the line of a Kyle Lowery. Ain't there yet.

I don't know how you can hold kemba to that standard before you consider him to be on Lowry's level.  Lowry has had only a couple of spurts of good performance in the playoffs, and he's never won a series.  To me Kemba is already eye-to-eye with Lowry.  With a good performance in the playoffs, Kemba vaults over Lowry.

Kemba is 25 and has improved every year. He was on a tear last year before his injury. Lowry is 29 and while having a great season isn't having to carry the Raptors like Kemba is carrying the Hornets. I really hope we play the Raptors in the first round of the playoffs. I also wish the Hornets would have held onto Biyombo.

40 minutes ago, davideinstein said:

He's like a modern day Glen Rice. B player that scores a lot on an average team in the east. Just my opinion.

Glen Rice was definitely a star for a few seasons, Kemba is playing like a star this year. Your definition of star is too intense if you think otherwise, there is a difference between a star and a superstar.

6 minutes ago, Omega Atrocity said:

Glen Rice was definitely a star for a few seasons, Kemba is playing like a star this year. Your definition of star is too intense if you think otherwise, there is a difference between a star and a superstar.

Star is somebody that people come to watch. That's not Kemba. Also, he's not an All Star even. I'd gladly let him prove me wrong because I would love for the Hirnets to finally have a star player.

14 hours ago, davideinstein said:

He's like a modern day Glen Rice. B player that scores a lot on an average team in the east. Just my opinion.

13 hours ago, davideinstein said:

Star is somebody that people come to watch. That's not Kemba. Also, he's not an All Star even. I'd gladly let him prove me wrong because I would love for the Hirnets to finally have a star player.

Have you even been watching the last several games... or are you just basing off what you've seen in the past?  If Kemba keeps this play up then he will definitely be considered a star before long.  The dude has been playing absolutely lights out.

He's averaging 29/7/5 for the month of March.  He's been averaging 25.3pts/6.4ast/4.3reb since the All-Star Break.  All with very efficient shooting and passing.

You average that for a season with a winning record and you're a top 3 MVP candidate.  Kemba has been playing like the best PG in the east for a while now.

Archived