• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kemba the Super-Star?

Jakob

I know Kemba is already considered a star in this league, but what's his ceiling and how far can he take this? He's been averaging almost 23.5 PPG for almost three months now and this was exactly what he was averaged late last year before the knee injury. If not for the slow start to the season he would be the the highest scoring PG in the East. 26-29 is usually when you see an NBA player enter their prime and Kemba is only 25. Quite exciting to think that Kemba might have an extra step in him. Even if this is his maximum offensive potential, it will be fun to watch him polish his game over the next few years.

PS: Shame on you if you were one of the guys who trashed him year after year.

his efficiency was always my issue.. he has always been at his best when he doesn't have to worry about getting everyone involved.. we saw glimpses when McBob was here.. now that Batum, Lin and even Hawes have been able to distribute - instead of it all falling on Kemba's shoulders - he has been way more efficient.

I think this is kinda the ceiling if not close to his ceiling though.. I don't see him becoming Steph Curry (shooter) but I could see him become more of a Tony Parker-level type guy..

He's far surpassed what I thought he'd be. I always thought he'd thrive as the 3rd best guy on a title level team, or even a Jamal Crawford type 6th man to come in with the 2nd team and just get buckets.   

Right now he's a low level/fringe All-Star, but frankly that's probably his ceiling unless he keeps exceeding expectations. 

16 hours ago, CCS said:

He's still not that great. He's a me first ballhog who would be getting assists instead of points if he'd actually pass.

I feel like you just look at the stats after the games instead of watching actual games?   Kemba has to carry this team and has had to for years, he doesn't have much of a choice.   Who else on this team can score night and night out?  Jefferson has been hurt and is inconsistent.  Batum can be great but is also inconsistent.  Our starting SG avgs 9 a game and drops games of 4 points very often.   I'm sure Kemba would love to have someone to pass to that can score, unfortunately, he has to take over too often.

Basically Kemba is playing like a top 15 player the last couple of months.  Sorry haters. 

Watch almost every Hornet game and he is playing extremely well this year. I am very confident when he shoots the 3 and actually want him to shoot it this year. Since the allstar break he has been on a tear. 

And no he isn't a ballhog. Batum is great Q1-Q3 except for his turnovers, but he isn't that great in Q4. We need him down the stretch and he is making very big shots. 

Archived