• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Metal Music favorites

stankowalski

12 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I've always liked this band. They're not necessarily exceptional they just bring the metal, are solid and fun to see live.

In case you didn't know, The Sword has songs about Game of Thrones stuff... I wouldn't care what the music sounded like (I think it is great actually, and have loved them for a while,) this gives them cred. lol

40 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Thank you god someone posted this. I saw them open for clutch some years back and was completely blown away. Just an incredibly epic band.

I saw Opeth, Mastodon, and Ghost at The FIllmore a few years ago. Amazing show.

7 hours ago, Bronn said:

uhhhhh are you stuck in like 1999 or something? I still would classify at least a good 2/3 of that as nu-metal...

I've still got my old Slipknot and Kittie VHS tapes somewhere... lol...

I'm not knocking your tastes, but don't knock other people's when you proceed to list bands that are pretty much groove based pop/nu-metal.

I'm not knocking anyone's tastes I already said it was subjective. Most the bands I like start 2000's and mid 90s but that lost covers 1980-today. But I'm not one of those people who always needs to be listening to something new to feel hip/cool.

Also, I'm a drummer and have been for years I don't listen to poo drumming except my ruin. Also nothing I listed would ever be considered Pop. Groove, progressive and nu metal, yes.

I always give credit to female metal My Ruin, Otep and Kittie are the best IMO.

Archived