• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time To Let Rich Cho Go?

OldNorthPowell

Is It Time To Fire Rich Cho  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is It Time To Fire Rich Cho

I have to laugh at the mention of Barnes. I am a huge UNC fan but there is no way I'd take Barnes over a healthy MKG. I also wouldn't take Beal after seeing how MKG looked in the few games he played this season.. And Biz (2011) wasn't even in the same draft as Drummond (2012).  Regardless, 8 teams passed on Drummond because he failed to live up to the hype at UCONN. And looked disinterested in basketball at times on the court.

53 minutes ago, Implied Volatility said:

I have to laugh at the mention of Barnes. I am a huge UNC fan but there is no way I'd take Barnes over a healthy MKG. I also wouldn't take Beal after seeing how MKG looked in the few games he played this season.. And Biz (2011) wasn't even in the same draft as Drummond (2012).  Regardless, 8 teams passed on Drummond because he failed to live up to the hype at UCONN. And looked disinterested in basketball at times on the court.

"over a healthy MKG"....took the words out of my own mouth.

4 hours ago, Implied Volatility said:

Ok I actually wanted Barnes or Drummond in those drafts. Even with the injury issues I am holding out faith that MKG can come back. I also don't believe in Drummond. I know he is good, but I can't overlook the FT shooting. Guys like Drummond and Deandre Jordan can't be in at the end of a close game. So I still think MKG can be the 2nd best player in the draft. 

Great Picks: Kemba 

Good Picks: Zeller & Vonleh (netted us Batum)

Ok Picks: Biz, Jeff Taylor, PJ (netted us Lee): Both played ok for us over the years until Taylors injury and tbh a lot of us wanted to resign Biz. I know I did

Bad Picks: Trading away Tobias Harris for Biz,

Incomplete: Frank because he is a rookie. MKG because of injuries

Guest Reply

Tobias Harris? really. Milwaukee told Charlotte to draft him for them the same way Milwaukee drafted Biz for Charlotte. You can't use that as a bad pick and use Biz as a 'ok pick' because Tobias was never a true charlotte draft pick.

Guest Guest Reply

* Kings drafted Biz, Milwaukee drafted Jimmer , Charlotte drafted Tobias and they all were apart of a 3-team trade.. the point still remains Tobias was drafted by Charlotte on orders by Milwuakee

Okay again if we had good drafts over the last 4 years and had better scouting during that time period we are looking at a championship caliber team and home court advantage possibly throughout the whole playoffs. To me building through the draft is always going to be the most important way to build a winning team over a long period of time. Unless you are in a big market and then free agents can do the trick with a few good picks sprinkled in here and there.

4 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Okay again if we had good drafts over the last 4 years and had better scouting during that time period we are looking at a championship caliber team and home court advantage possibly throughout the whole playoffs. To me building through the draft is always going to be the most important way to build a winning team over a long period of time. Unless you are in a big market and then free agents can do the trick with a few good picks sprinkled in here and there.

We just improved 14 wins from the previous season, have won consecutive playoff games after a 14-year drought. We are doing this without MKG, our most important player.

Could Cho have made better draft picks? Absolutely. But you can't deny where the team is right now because of the roster that was built basically on the fly last offseason through various means. He's still money on the trade market and the Kemba, Marvin, and Lin deals are absolute bargains.

There's a chance for the franchise to have stability for the first time ever when we bring our FAs back this offseason. Guy isn't going anywhere. Overreaction thread at its finest.

Nah I let it go. I am by far not the only one who thought sweep after game 1 and no doubt after game 2. Rich Cho has hurt us in the draft badly and it is a legitimate gripe.

This thread would have been great last year, not after the best season in fourteen years...

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/05/09/san-antonio-spurs-r-c-buford-wins-executive-of-the-year/

2015-16 EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR VOTING RESULTS
Executive, Team, Total
R.C. Buford, San Antonio, 77 
Neil Olshey, Portland, 63 
Bob Myers, Golden State, 38 
Masai Ujiri, Toronto, 18 
Rich Cho, Charlotte, 17 
Danny Ainge, Boston, 13 
David Griffin, Cleveland, 10 
Stan Van Gundy, Detroit, 6 
Pat Riley, Miami, 6 
Sam Presti, Oklahoma City, 5 
Sam Hinkie, Philadelphia, 5 
Wes Wilcox, Atlanta, 1 
John Hammond, Milwaukee, 1 
Dennis Lindsey, Utah, 1 

Yeah we should totally get rid of this guy! Lol at this thread.

Archived