• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time To Let Rich Cho Go?

OldNorthPowell

Is It Time To Fire Rich Cho  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is It Time To Fire Rich Cho

Guy has under performed in almost every draft and seems to only be good at trades.

MKG over Barnes or Beal

Biyombo over Drummond

Kaminsky (who I think will be solid) over Justise Winslow

Noah Vonleh over EVERYBODY

Cody Zeller over  Nerlens Noel

Just saying you cannot look at this and NOT face palm over and over. I think it is time for him to go. They need to clean house everyone must go except Steve Clifford and his staff. What Clifford has done with what he has been given is amazing.

Meh, Steve Clifford can't even win a damn playoff game in this ugly ass Eastern Conference. Should have waited until after the season to begin considering any kind of extension for Clifford. Those wanting Cho gone might be pretty disappointed, if Clifford stays, Cho probably will also.

In reality, both should have been evaluated heavily this offseason. If one goes, the other should too.

i disagree with you guys on Cliff.. he has gotten the maximum out of our roster.. Clifford changed his entire defensive/offensive philosophy in 1 offseason and got us to the playoffs 2 outta 3 years.. both Jefferson and Marvin have had career years under Cliff.. I might even say this was Lin's most solid/productive year he has had too..

we just suck.. *sigh*.. i dun give a fug

I think Cho is a fine GM in every aspect expect for the draft. And if I'm being honest he seems to be abysmal at drafting(some of that is likely MJs fault). However it should be something that is fixable with better talent evaluators around him. But even given his terrible draft record he has done a very good job building this years team. He got batum for what appears to be norhing, same with courtney lee. Lin was a great addition in free agency and lamb has shown flashes. The team has tons of cap space moving forward to either resign people we have or go out and get someone else. We may not be a title contender but we aren't stuck being a perennial 8-9 seed or worse like years past. Just imagine we could be Brooklyn or the laughable mess that is Philadelphia. So before you run Cho out on a rail consider we are in the playoffs, we have an amazing home court advantage and our core is still young.

I will grant you the two playoff losses thus far have been bad but any real NBA fan know a series doesn't really start until the home team loses a game. If the Hornets win the next two (very likely given how great we've been at home this year) we will be right back in the series. 

11 hours ago, Manos said:

I think Cho is a fine GM in every aspect expect for the draft. And if I'm being honest he seems to be abysmal at drafting(some of that is likely MJs fault). However it should be something that is fixable with better talent evaluators around him. But even given his terrible draft record he has done a very good job building this years team. He got batum for what appears to be norhing, same with courtney lee. Lin was a great addition in free agency and lamb has shown flashes. The team has tons of cap space moving forward to either resign people we have or go out and get someone else. We may not be a title contender but we aren't stuck being a perennial 8-9 seed or worse like years past. Just imagine we could be Brooklyn or the laughable mess that is Philadelphia. So before you run Cho out on a rail consider we are in the playoffs, we have an amazing home court advantage and our core is still young.

I will grant you the two playoff losses thus far have been bad but any real NBA fan know a series doesn't really start until the home team loses a game. If the Hornets win the next two (very likely given how great we've been at home this year) we will be right back in the series. 

Again just look at previous drafts that he said his self that he was in control of and tell me that we did not screw up every draft since he was here. You know why the Panthers have been doing so well lately? They draft extremely well and that stops the need for massive amounts of trades and hopes for free agents. Building the talent homegrown is better than searching in panic mode. Cho needs to go or fans will start ignoring the franchise again.

6 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Again just look at previous drafts that he said his self that he was in control of and tell me that we did not screw up every draft since he was here. You know why the Panthers have been doing so well lately? They draft extremely well and that stops the need for massive amounts of trades and hopes for free agents. Building the talent homegrown is better than searching in panic mode. Cho needs to go or fans will start ignoring the franchise again.

Again I admit his draft record is bad but even given that we still have a playoff team who could have easily been the three seed. Now if we get blownout the next two games on the way to another playoff sweep then maybe he needs to go but if the team makes this a series then he should stay.

1 minute ago, Manos said:

Again I admit his draft record is bad but even given that we still have a playoff team who could have easily been the three seed. Now if we get blownout the next two games on the way to another playoff sweep then maybe he needs to go but if the team makes this a series then he should stay.

Well we can agree to disagree. With a better draft record this team is a two seed or even a team competing with Cleveland for the one seed. Imagine having Barnes, Drummond, and Noel. This team would be unstoppable and have defense and offense to match any team in the league. Instead we have MKG who stays hurt, Zeller who looks like bench depth, and Biyombo is gone.

21 hours ago, Manos said:

I think Cho is a fine GM in every aspect expect for the draft. And if I'm being honest he seems to be abysmal at drafting(some of that is likely MJs fault). However it should be something that is fixable with better talent evaluators around him. But even given his terrible draft record he has done a very good job building this years team. He got batum for what appears to be norhing, same with courtney lee. Lin was a great addition in free agency and lamb has shown flashes.

Lance Stephenson?

3 hours ago, davideinstein said:

Lance Stephenson?

Most people here and around the league thought us getting Lance was a huge steal. It turned out to be a terrible deal but Cho moved on from it quickly, he didn't let his pride stand in the way of making the right move for the team.

Archived