• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alright, post your All-Time Top 10 now that Bron won his third. 3/7

nctarheel0619

I'm not sure he gets to play on two all-star teams back then though.

I'd take Pippen and Rodman over Kyrie and Love or Wade and Bosh. MJ had better support than LeBron. MJs teams were the favorite in every single one of those 6 finals, LeBron has been the favorite once and won 2, therefore has overachieved.

Check this out:

26 minutes ago, MichaelNewtonII said:

Nobody has ever won a chip without good talent around them. There's no 1 man shows in the NBA.

Pippen wasn't picked up from another place.  A lot of their players were developed there or weren't that great before coming on board, minus someone like Rodman.  The first three titles didn't have him.   They found guys like Kukoc, Harper, Armstrong, etc.  I mean good lawd they had guys like Luc Longley out there.   It's not the same as the TWO all-star teams he put together in Miami and Cleveland, not even close.

Pippen wasn't picked up from another place.  A lot of their players were developed there or weren't that great before coming on board, minus someone like Rodman.  The first three titles didn't have him.   They found guys like Kukoc, Harper, Armstrong, etc.  I mean good lawd they had guys like Luc Longley out there.   It's not the same as the TWO all-star teams he put together in Miami and Cleveland, not even close.

Alright the players were in chicago, all that let's you know is Phil Jackson and his coaching staff did a phenomenal job and that Chicago's front office at the time was much better than Clevelands is now. Cleveland has the dumbest front office in the NBA and the NFL, LeBron had to practically take over as gm to get a winning team together there. You can't blame LeBron for what talent the front office put around him his first go around in Cleveland. If anything he hurt them in getting him help because he was constantly getting a top seed in the east with a rag tag bunch of bums around him who ended up going from 61 to 19 wins just from losing LeBron. MJs team when he took a year off from basketball went from 57 wins to 55 and were 1 bad call in the ecf game 5 against the Knicks away from going to the finals without MJ. that shows you the impact of LeBron and the poor talent he was surrounded with as compared to the talent Jordan was surrounded with.

Just now, MichaelNewtonII said:

Alright the players were in chicago, all that let's you know is Phil Jackson and his coaching staff did a phenomenal job and that Chicago's front office at the time was much better than Clevelands is now. Cleveland has the dumbest front office in the NBA and the NFL, LeBron had to practically take over as gm to get a winning team together there. You can't blame LeBron for what talent the front office put around him his first go around in Cleveland. If anything he hurt them in getting him help because he was constantly getting a top seed in the east with a rag tag bunch of bums around him who ended up going from 61 to 19 wins just from losing LeBron. MJs team when he took a year off from baseball went from 57 wins to 55 and were 1 bad call in the ecf game 5 against the Knicks away from going to the finals without MJ. that shows you the impact of LeBron and the poor talent he was surrounded with as compared to the talent Jordan was surrounded with.

Look, I get it, you are a Lebron homer and keep finding excuses.  The facts don't change, A) He plays in non-contact easy ball league and B) Only has won with all-star team around him.   He's the best since 2003 but he'll never be Jordan.   But that's not bad, being the best of your generation is awesome.   

1 hour ago, MichaelNewtonII said:

LeBron would dominate in any era. If he grew up with those rules and played with them for so long just like those guys he would be used to it and his greatness is undeniable he would dominate any era. You're talking like as if LeBron was put in a time machine to the past he couldn't play with them because of the hard play, but put those older players in a time machine to the future where they can't hand check and have to rely on lateral quickness to play defense they would get flat out burned by today's athletes on the floor.

LeBron would have issues, because he doesn't have a reliable jumper.  Never has, that's what MJ learned.  LeBron has always relied on getting to the basket for his buckets, and of course free throws.  

6 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Look, I get it, you are a Lebron homer and keep finding excuses.  The facts don't change, A) He plays in non-contact easy ball league and B) Only has won with all-star team around him.   He's the best since 2003 but he'll never be Jordan.   But that's not bad, being the best of your generation is awesome.   

Damn, that whole paragraph he quote you with is nothing but excuses for him.  Yeesh.  

Lmao you have nothing to counter my points. Come back when you have some more basketball knowledge other than "Jordan is god & the 90s are the greatest thing ever because that's what i grew up watching"

LeBron would have issues, because he doesn't have a reliable jumper.  Never has, that's what MJ learned.  LeBron has always relied on getting to the basket for his buckets, and of course free throws.  

He would still get to the basket and line in any era, you act like they didn't blow the whistle at all back in the day. LeBron has also developed a very nice post game, and makes every one of his teammates better. Saying he would have trouble in another era is blasphemous, as is anyone saying Jordan would struggle in today's game

9 minutes ago, MichaelNewtonII said:

How are the points I made excuses? I've done nothing but lay out facts and given numbers to support them

Not points, mostly excuses.  Nobody gives a poo about your front office excuses.  He didn't win a Championship his first time in Cleveland, so he left.  Then he got his Titles in Miami, Cleveland got 3 number 1 picks (somehow), and Miami got old so he left again.  Then proceeded to use the "I need to win one for the Land bull poo excuse."

In essence, he's not a dumb ass by any means.  He leaves when the going gets tough, and who could blame him.  He needs superstars around him to win, simple as that.  

21 minutes ago, MichaelNewtonII said:

He would still get to the basket and line in any era, you act like they didn't blow the whistle at all back in the day. LeBron has also developed a very nice post game, and makes every one of his teammates better. Saying he would have trouble in another era is blasphemous, as is anyone saying Jordan would struggle in today's game

He would get to the basket with a hurt back in any era but now, and the 2000s.  Stop with this blasphemous bull poo.  Charles Oakley, Rick Mahorn, Laimbeer, etc.  Would have a field day with this guy if he came in the lane.    

40 minutes ago, MichaelNewtonII said:

I didn't say he's struggle, but he wouldn't be the best and jumping from team to team demanding an all-star team be built wasn't a thing then either.   I said he's the best of his era, but from what we have SEEN, you know, the facts, he would just be a top-20 guy back then.   Like someone said, he wouldn't survive the Detroit team, he flops on everything and whines about any kind of contact.  Maybe he wouldn't be a baby back then, maybe not, but all we have is the FACTS to go by.

Archived