• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Belineli to charlotte

One of the worst trades outside of the Kobe one in franchise history. A 30 year old bad shooter (going by last season) who is on the decline that plays no defense at all and is about as athletic as I am. We basically have another smaller version of him on the roster or did in Troy Daniels. We added cap space and basically told everyone we are okay with just competing to get into the playoffs or right outside of it at best. This was a BOBcat move and makes me rethink my article on swarmandsting.com about Jordan becoming a better owner. Could of drafted a player even at 22 who would be better than Marco RIGHT NOW! Sigh hard to root for this franchise and kind of makes me miss George Shinn (well not really) but I do miss his ability to hire great basketball minds when it comes to the draft (outside the Kobe trade lol). Oh well here's too another mediocre year where we might seriously miss the playoffs because of the moves other teams have made to get better.

I havent looked at his stats from last year, as i already know they were mediocre because of the situation.  That being said, as i mentioned in my first post in response to the trade, he has been inconsistent throughout his career.  He has never lived up to the expectations that were held when he was drafted.  He doesn't sustain those occasional scoring outbursts for long periods and he'll go years where his shooting isn't what it should be either.  He's always been hit or miss.  Not to mention he has no desire or ability to defend his position.

The thing that troubles me most about this move is that we pulled it before we even got to our pick...  again, it shows we are scared shitless of making another mistake so we bailed.  We didn't even wait to see who was there and traded the pick for a shitty role player.

See it is not really overreacting when your team has made the moves that this franchise has. It is actually more than likely going to be the way we should of reacted all of us. Marco is a downgrade at best and ate up cap room. This franchise proved they do not want to get better and anyone who thinks this is a good move is drinking the Kool aide.

RR, i just dont understand this meta-zen mindset that you are expecting from our fanbase.  Everyone cheers and embraces their fandom differently.  I don't understand sitting around golf clapping every single move we make either, be it our Panthers or Hornets.

Just bc they're in the position they are doesn't mean they're right, and refsrding the Hornets, our front office seems to constantly take one step forward and two steps back.  You honestly trust Cho's decisionmaking at this point and believe there wasnt a better prospect available at 22 than Belinelli?  I get it if you don't trust our FO to take one that's better, but that's different than feeling this was the best move to make bc it was Belinelli.

Archived