• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Backup PG if we lose Lin..

bLACKpANTHER

Category A - Starters that wouldn't backup Kemba so take them off your wishlist:
Mike Conley, Rajon Rondo, Deron Williams, Brandon Jennings

Category B - Quality Backup PGs that would work out:
Ty Lawson, Ramon Sessions, Tyler Johnson, Mario Chalmers

Category C - Backup PGs that would do if it came down to it (sigh):
Raymond Felton, DJ Augustine, Randy Foye

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I had my choosing, I would go with Lawson.. he would be a scoring punch off the bench and would be coming Home (UNC roots).. I'm making this judgement based off his days at UNC and when he first came into the league and was quite good, but I haven't seen him recently.. heard he has been a trainwreck in Houston because he was pared with the ball dominant Harden.. i dont know, but after Lin - options get kinda dicey..

Tyler Johnson is a lil intriguing though..

The problem with Lin is we don't have his bird rights. We can't offer him that extra year. That coupled with the fact that we've heard he'd like to start will make it difficult to re-sign. I wouldn't be surprised if is one of our own FAs we re-nounce.

Still think we'll make a strong push to retain him. Batum, Marvin, and Lin is do-able. 

We just don't have a lot of flexibility considering our best players are FAs. I'm sure we are going to be active in the trade market.

Lawson would be fine, so would Chalmers. At this point I'd probably lean more toward Chalmers but I'd rather have Lin than both

But it gets so annoying reading

"well, if we had to pick anyone in the first round, I'd probably take Brice Johnson from UNC"

"if we had a second-round pick we should take Marcus Paige from UNC"

"if we need a backup PG I'd be fine with Ty Lawson (UNC roots) or Raymond Felton (UNC roots)"

"if we were a mid-2000s WNBA team I'd pick Ivory Latta from UNC"

"if we need an assistant coach to replace someone I'd be good with Ed Cota who used to play for UNC"

"if our D-League team needed a backup arena they could play at UNC"

Somebody somewhere has to have made a Hornets team on 2K with

C - Tyler Zeller/John Henson/Serge Zwikker
PF - Marvin Williams/Ed Davis/Brice Johnson
SF - Harrison Barnes/Danny Green/Vince Carter
SG - Wayne Ellington/PJ Hairston
PG - Ty Lawson/Raymond Felton/Marcus Paige/Shammond Williams

I wonder if we steer clear of someone like a Lawson because of his height. I think we should target someone who can be paired with Kemba 10-15 mins a game. That's what made Lin so versatile. He can play off ball and defend the 2 position.

The PG market this year is not good so we may not be able to be that picky.

Can't blame Lin for wanting to start.

But you would think that after how things ultimately played out with the Knicks, and the Rockets when the pressure was on, he would have more realistic expectations at this point.

The closer we get to free agency the more i fear its going to go like so.

We dont resign Lee, Lin , or Batum.

We only resign williams to way over his worth and slightly discounted Al Jefferson but still way over his actual value as well. 

We end up with 4th tier free agents and have to try again next offseason.

manage to sneak inWe to the playoffs as the 8th seed , swept by Cleveland.

Were picking in the upper teens which anything outisde the top 10 is worthless so yet another year with nothing from the draft. 

Were all sitting here next year the day before free agency waiting for yet again disapointment and the inevitable 8th seed again the following year. 

1 minute ago, PantherKing1983 said:

The closer we get to free agency the more i fear its going to go like so.

We dont resign Lee, Lin , or Batum.

We only resign williams to way over his worth and slightly discounted Al Jefferson but still way over his actual value as well. 

We end up with 4th tier free agents and have to try again next offseason.

manage to sneak inWe to the playoffs as the 8th seed , swept by Cleveland.

Were picking in the upper teens which anything outisde the top 10 is worthless so yet another year with nothing from the draft. 

Were all sitting here next year the day before free agency waiting for yet again disapointment and the inevitable 8th seed again the following year. 

All while wasting the talent of Kemba Walker. Sigh I kind of wish he had went to a contender because he is to hard of a worker to suffer in a career like this one we are giving him so far.

Archived