• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2016 Free Agency Discussions

HeatCheck

Like I said in other threads signing Batum long term is only a good move if we follow it up with another player not named Marvin Williams.

The only way a Williams deal works out is if its a two year deal with the second year a team option so that we can have a little money next off season.

Free agency is already starting to dry up and the weekend is not over yet we are about to run out of time to find that second player . 

Just now, HeatCheck said:

So, go with your place after renouncing all the cap holds!

huh? I already stated what I would do with the space on here yesterday. You can find it if that is what you meant. This team is taking a huge step backwards this coming season. The rest of the east has gotten better. We have only lost pieces and had the money to not take the step backwards.

That meant to say go with your plan.

-------------

So the alternative that has been proposed. Renounce all FAs besides Batum. (We sign him to the same deal but his cap hold stays at $19 million)

So we have (estimates here):

Walker $12 million, Harrison $874,000

Lamb $6.5 million, Daniels $1.2 million, Belinelli $6.3 million

MKG $13 million, Batum $19 million

Kaminsky $2.7 million

Hawes $6.3 million, Zeller $5.3 million

= ~ $75 million 

______

Then we add Bayless for $9 million a year (3/$27 million) = ~$84 million

Then we have $10 million to spend on a center.

-----------------

The current plan:

If we sign Marvin to his early Bird Rights, we'd still have the $10 million to sign a center.

well this isn't going to help us keep marvin's contract reasonable - John Leuer has just been signed by the pistons to 4 years/$42m... over $10m a year to John freaking Leuer? if thats a fair price then i dont blame marvin looking for $18m a year!

also just read that biyombo has signed with the magic - 4 years for (likely) between $48-$56m. compared to Mozgov's deal yesterday, this seems a bit of a bargain (god knows how all those forwards on going to fit into the orlando front court though!)

2 minutes ago, topher mcg said:

also just read that biyombo has signed with the magic - 4 years for (likely) between $48-$56m. compared to Mozgov's deal yesterday, this seems a bit of a bargain (god knows how all those forwards on going to fit into the orlando front court though!)

Orlando's roster is what would happen if you gave folks here a GM gig. Feels like they've just been throwing poo together to see what sticks for the past few years.

Archived