• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Al Jefferson agrees with Indy 3yrs/$30mil

bLACKpANTHER

20 minutes ago, ShrewdNewt said:

North Carolina transplant living in Indiana, so Im a big Pacers fan. Ive always thought Jefferson was a great post player when healthy but you all seem glad to get rid of him. Whats the story with him?

Jefferson has been known to be bad on defense.   For every point he scores, he gives up at least the same amount.  He's not a very good rebounder or shot blocker.  He has good mid-range and is killer in the post, but he's slow and can drag a team down.  I don't think he fits this team because of that.   You need good defense around him to hide his bad defense.   The injuries seem to pile up with him as well.  Seemed like a nice guy though and teammate like others have said, just time to move on.

4 minutes ago, ShrewdNewt said:

Hmm I feel less excited by the Pacers signing him now lol. Batum is a great player all around. Will be excited see how the Hornets look next year. Very well built team all around, just can Kemba be consistent  in the playoffs ?

Dude carried the team on a torn meniscus in Game 6 and nearly won it. I have zero questions about Kemba.

As far as Al is concerned, aside from being a matador on defense, he doesn't score efficiently enough from the post to offset what he gives up, and despite his post play, never gets to the foul line.

You'll enjoy him when he gets hot because of his throwback style but that's about his only redeeming quality. Just hope McMillan doesn't play him too much and to the detriment of younger players, as happened here.

2 minutes ago, cbarrier90 said:

Dude carried the team on a torn meniscus in Game 6 and nearly won it. I have zero questions about Kemba.

As far as Al is concerned, aside from being a matador on defense, he doesn't score efficiently enough from the post to offset what he gives up, and despite his post play, never gets to the foul line.

You'll enjoy him when he gets hot because of his throwback style but that's about his only redeeming quality. Just hope McMillan doesn't play him too much and to the detriment of younger players, as happened here.

Wow, yeah he sounds like a good person and yeah I was kinda surprised by the McMillan hire, really didn't see the Frank Vogel fire. Too bad we didn't do it when Brad Stevens was available. Whenever we played the Hornets thats what left a positive impression on me was his classic old school type of post player.  I know Larry Bird is pushing the faster play which is why we got Jeff Teague and Thad Young, so maybe theyre going to do a slower pace hard post work second team run the floor at times. Yeah I haven't watched enough games to really know Kemba and will take your word for it.

I didn't like letting Biyombo go last season and hate it even more now. Should have inked a friendly contract while we had the chance to steal him long term. Its THOSE sorts of decisions that make for good GM's. Alas we have to hope we can find some Gettleman style thrift store cast offs if we want to shore up all of our shortcomings this season.

Archived